Rockingham

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Just found out that Rockingham Raceway has gone.
Apparently closed it’s doors in 2018 for the last time.
Sad, very sad.

It's a shame places like this have to close. I guess if they can't get numbers in the door then it can't keep going.
Didn't even know there was an oval banked track in the UK. I wonder if it was the only one?

yes shame its gone shame it did get more advertizing as lot of people didnt know about it,

Yes, shame. Did an event there where one i did a parade lap with one of the Ascar drivers hanging out the t-top for his adoring fans.
The exhaust appreciation tunnel was fun!

I never went there but always fancied seeing what it was like. Shame.
I wonder how often it hosted events compared to other UK national circuits? I'm sure Covid hasn't helped but maybe it wasn't paying for itself.

Found a video of Rockingham November 2022, Still abandoned. Looks so complete, surely it could be put to some use. Go-Karts or something. Shame it closed and nothing done with it.

Didn't nigal mansal put money into this protect site? Agree surely they could use it for other racing events or even static show events as all amities are there. Better to save it than loose it. Manufactory could use it for testing prototypes?

What a shame to see a venue like that sitting unused. I'm amazed it hasn't been redeveloped by some fat cat!

Back