POSTPONED Practical Classics Car and Restoration Show 2020 - 27th - 29th March, NEC

Added to Calendar: 27-03-20, 28-03-20, 29-03-20

Thanks for posting.

I've had a look at some of the other shows I've posted like Pendine Sands and some of the classic hot rod and American shows and they are mostly keeping their eyes on the developing situation before making a final decision. However I think we can safely say we can expect more cancellations unfortunately. ?

On the plus side, more time to work on cars, as not spending weekends at shows.

Which the more I think about it is a real shame.
I used to enjoy modifying, repairs and general tinkering. When I did I run of steam?
Its is a nice feeling when you play with something to fix or to improve. Perhaps you need to get Clare to fiddle with something on the Challenger and you have to find it and fix it. :)

Its is a nice feeling when you play with something to fix or to improve. Perhaps you need to get Clare to fiddle with something on the Challenger and you have to find it and fix it. :)

Oh I know, when I think of the stuff I have done.....
Perhaps I just enjoy the driving and comradeship of car shows more these days?
Break the challenger on purpose?? ?

I wouldn’t dare!!!

actually there are a couple of jobs on solstice ....... ;) :)

I agree. I think we reach a point in life when squirming about under cars and getting covered in grease becomes less fun than driving and showing them lol.
Having said that, I probably wouldn't buy a very late or new car even if I could afford it as I think I would miss the need for some degree of tinkering.

I agree, making the car unique and your own is great enjoyment. I feel keeping it perfect new is like saving your girlfriend for the next person.

I will definitely add some personal touches to the Challenger but mechanically it handles, stops and goes well enough I don’t feel the need to try and improve. My personal touches will all be cosmetic this time.

Perhaps I should add the Firebird decal to the hood?! ?
That's a possibility, there is a BMW which was on another thread. Not seen a Challenger like it yet, you would be making it unique.

Back