Post offices

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Not only are banks dissapearing. How about post offices...
Popped out at 8.15am need to drop off an eBay parcel. Usually go to the one on Hambledon parade inside a shop called McColls, this looks to be going through some renovation. Thought the next nearest one is Denmead this is/was inside Co-Op, this was closed due to a fire many months ago, and driving past if 2 weeks ago, looks like it was still being worked on. So I drove into town parked in Asda, the post office has moved to next to the bus stops, but is shut and dosn't open till 9am. Well couldn't wait around as meetings at 9am.
I'll attempt again later. Does seem to be a lack of post offices at the moment. I'm pretty mobile, what about the elderly that need them and difficult to travel?

Rarely use the Post office myself, not sure when Denmead re-opens, some say by the end of the year and others say March '24.

yep this county is going to pot, sorry already has,

yes some banks say you can use the post office to access your account , sure if we had a post office as dan has pointed out and more so for those that cant get about very easy or no local public transports Bit of a useless statement from the banks to use post office when they are closing as well

I see the shop on Hambledon Parade which had the Post Office in is now 'Morrisons Daily'. Not sure if the PO is still there though.

Pleased to report that 'Hambledon Parade' still has its Post Office at the renamed 'Morrisons Daily'.
Thanks that's good to know. I'd prefer to go to Denmead rather than into Waterlooville town center.

Denmead Co Op has now reopened, not been in yet but I assume the Post Office is still there.

Denmead Co Op has now reopened, not been in yet but I assume the Post Office is still there.
I shall take a look next time I post something. I did try the Morrisons express(was McColls) on Hambledon parade, same staff, needed to drop off a parcel. All went well.
I do have another item up for sale, so I'll use the Denmead one for the next one.

Back