Petrol heads movies!

Apparently, The Blues Brothers (mentioned by Dave earlier) did hold the record for the most cars destroyed in a movie. Not sure if that still stands??

Apparently, The Blues Brothers (mentioned by Dave earlier) did hold the record for the most cars destroyed in a movie. Not sure if that still stands??
103 cars destroyed in the 1980 film, 104 cars destroyed in Blues Brothers 2000. Blues Brothers held the record for the most cars smashed until its own sequel deliberately destroyed just one more.

532 cars destroyed in Transformers 3.

Technically, every one of the 532 cars “destroyed” in the making of Transformers 3 was already fit for the scrapheap. The cars had been donated to director Michael Bay because they were flood damaged, and therefore needed to be scrapped by law anyway.

103 cars destroyed in the 1980 film, 104 cars destroyed in Blues Brothers 2000. Blues Brothers held the record for the most cars smashed until its own sequel deliberately destroyed just one more.

532 cars destroyed in Transformers 3.

Technically, every one of the 532 cars “destroyed” in the making of Transformers 3 was already fit for the scrapheap. The cars had been donated to director Michael Bay because they were flood damaged, and therefore needed to be scrapped by law anyway.
Jesus, 532! lol. I've not seen transformers 3, that must have been some scene :oops:

Jesus, 532! lol. I've not seen transformers 3, that must have been some scene :oops:
With soo much of the film being cgi they could have faked the smashing up of cars, perhaps it was cheaper to use real ones. I've not seen that film either.

I was lumping them all together!!!!
What’s the Max Max remake called? Seemed to recall that had a few cars in too?
Yeah...nice try mate! Lol. You didn't do that with Cannonball Run ;)

Was that Mad Max Fury Road?...with Charlize Theiron in? I think you already mentioned it.

Yeah, Convoy and the Back To The Future trilogy!! Two good ones there AT! (y)

I'd definitely include Duel too. Shame the Plymouth buys it at the end :cry:

I'll be honest, I always thought that was Chrysler badged :oops:. D'oh!

Convoy is a good one, watched that a couple of years back. I may watch again over Xmas, with some bandits and cannonball run.

My tastes are running more towards Vanishing Point, Two Lane blacktop and McQ but then we have also said we wanted to sit and watch all 7 series of Sons of Anarchy again!!

roadhouse for bigfoot and road house 66 some great cars

Back