Panjo - Online buying / selling section.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Looking to implement a Classifieds advertising section like this other website:- Panjo Marketplace

This will certainly come in useful when you want to buy and sell items.

[video=youtube;yqfMCPoDUtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yqfMCPoDUtU[/video]

Could be a nice handy feature for the forum, still many questions, but on the face of it, what does everyone think? A good thing to try if even for a short period? Help get rid of all them unwanted items in your garage.
People will be able to list items totally free unlike eBay, also you can receive payments via PayPal.

Last edited:
The Panjo marketplace mod is a full-featured, secure marketplace (AKA classifieds) solution for communities running on the vBulletin software platform. Each week, hundreds of thousands of sellers complete millions of dollars of sales in the Panjo network. We are focused on helping buyers and sellers transact in a secure and convenient environment. For forum owners, Panjo helps:

• Increase engagement
  • Reduce administrative burden
  • Optionally generate a new source of revenue

Over 250 vBulletin sites use this plugin, here are 10 of them.

BMW marketplace (Bimmerforums)
Radio control marketplace (HobbyTalk)
Porsche marketplace (Planet-9)
Winter sports marketplace (Teton Gravity)
Audi marketplace (Audizine)
Outdoors marketplace (Bushcraft)
Belly dancing marketplace (Bhuz)
Audiophile marketplace (AudioKarma)
Reefing marketplace (Reef Frontiers)
Slot car marketplace (Slot Car Illustrated

Panjo integrates much more deeply than may be implied through the links above. For example, the Panjo plugin creates a thread post for each listing. The thread post appears in a receiving, legacy (or new) subforum depending on the category the seller assigns to the listing. Here is an example: All the thread posts in this subforum were generated from this marketplace. Each thread post is synchronized with the marketplace. When a listing sells or when the seller updates a listing, the thread post updates automatically.

Latest releases

The Panjo blog reports all the newest classified features and previews forthcoming features. This mod has been under continual development and improvement since 2012. If it has been more than two weeks since you last reviewed it, look again. The mod is always improving and evolving based on the input of our partners.

Panjo facts

• The Panjo plugin is free.
  • There are no Panjo fees for buyers or sellers.
  • There are no Panjo fees for forum owners.
  • Panjo uses PayPal for integrated payment processing.
  • Panjo can process payments in a variety of international currencies.
  • You can optionally set a transaction fee for successful sales.
  • You can optionally set a listing fee.
  • Panjo’s system automatically collects the fee and remits it to you.
  • vBulletin vetted Panjo’s plugin, endorsed it, and preinstalled it in vB 4.2.2.
  • The Panjo marketplace plugin for vBulletin works on versions 3.7.x - 4.2.2.
  • Panjo has eight associates in Santa Monica, CA, USA.

Partial Feature List

Payment Collection Options for Sellers
- PayPal, fully integrated via PayPal chained payments API
- Collect payment on own
- Local pickup only

Listing Types
- Buy-it-Now
- Adjustable quantity control
- Or best offer
- Trade
- Wanted
- Free

Email and PM Notifications
- Users receive emails and PMs when a buyer asks a question or when an item sells.

Categories and Attributes
- Categories can be added and assigned as subcategories
- Attributes can be added per category and used in multiple categories

Fees
- Optionally add transaction fees or listing fees per user group
- Optionally control who can sell per user group

Search
- Search by keyword
- Search by listings with / without photos
- Search by category
- Search by attribute
- Search by newest
- Search by oldest
- Search by most viewed
- Search by closest (each listing gets a geographical tag)
- Search by price
- Search by time frame
- Search by distance from a postal code

Multiple Currencies
- Australian Dollar | AUD
- Canadian Dollar | CAD
- Czech Koruna | CZK
- Danish Krone | DKK
- Euro | EUR
- Hong Kong Dollar | HKD
- Norwegian Krone | NOK
- New Zealand Dollar | NZD
- Pound Sterling | GBP
- Singapore Dollar | SGD
- Swedish Krona | SEK
- Swiss Franc | CHF
- U.S. Dollar | USD

Shipping
- System calculates shipping price based on locations of buyer and seller.

Attachments
- Drag and drop photo upload. Photos served up via Amazon CDN.

Feedback System
- Allow buyers to submit feedback about transactions.
- Allow sellers to respond to feedback about transactions.

Listing Control
- Archive listings that have expired or are completed.

Sales history
- Buyers and sellers have access to a sales history of of completed transactions.

Widget
- Widget can display recently posted items.

Contact Seller
- Link to contacts seller when viewing a listing

Administrative Control
- Full suite of admin controls and transaction reports.

Moderation
- Approve or unapprove listings

vBulletin integration
- Listings appear in legacy vBulletin for sale sub forums.

The Panjo Market place is now live, you will see a 'Classified' button along the menu bar.
There has been a couple of test examples added by the Panjo admin for testing. Its looking good. I've gotta get some work done now, but will try to add some products later to try it out.

Feel free to try it out yourselves, its all new to me too.

See image.jpg

okay, thanks, I'll log in as a different user, it mast be a permissions thingy. Although you should be allowed to do it.

Okey dokey. ;)

So is it completely free?

Yes completely free. There is a part where i have the option of charging for listings, but I think its a great way to bring visitors to the website, there is no point in charging. There is certainly no charge from the Panjo end.

I have logged in as a standard user, and as a user configured the same as you, and i see the Sell an Item button

Panjo-sell.jpg

So still looking into that one...

Ah, Just tried it on my phone, that button also goes missing. It must only work on a PC to add an item. I will query that, their tech support is looking into another issue for me at the mo.

It should work on the iPad according to this page:- Panjo Enthusiast Marketplace: vBulletin classifieds on an Apple iPad

I cant see anything that is set up wrong at this end, so I have passed the details on to their tech support. They seem to even be working today. So hopefully we will get this button showing on your iPad soon, may not be till tomorrow now.

Thanks Dan

It may be visible on the iPad now, However when i click on the link here now I get a blank page. After these few teething issues are out the way I'm sure it will be useful.

EDIT: The link is visible on my phone now, where it wasn't before, so the 'Sell' button should be visible, however it takes you to a blank page :(. I've sent an email to their tech support they are in the states, not sure if they will pick it up tonight or tommorow afternoon.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan

All fixed and ready to go.

You should see the 'sell item' button now on the iPad. I've added various categories, too. :)

Happy selling.

I'm going to have to search through my garage for my 3.08 gears that I brought for the Trans-am but they were for the wrong series carrier.

If anyone has issues listing their items for sale, let me know and I'll see what i can do.

I still not found the 3.08 gears yet. there is an update for Panjo coming, due for release on the 20th Feb. So I'll get that updated once released.

Feel free to list your items on the Panjo / Classified section, its totally free to use. Any issues, let me know. :)

Two new vehicles have gone up in our For Sale 'Classifieds' section. Great to see it being used. Hopefully the extra coverage will help get the vehicles sold.
Its all free to use. I still must go through my old boxes and pop some more things in there myself.

Is Panjo working for us or not? that is a question.

I know a few people have just wanted to post an item for sale in a forum thread, but you automatically get redirected to Panjo, so what should we do? Keep with Panjo or abort?

Pro's
  • Works similar to an eBay buy it now, taken through to PayPal etc...
  • Once an item is listed it looks visually pleasing.
  • Easy to navigate items for sale.

Con's

I personally think stick to a separate section on the forum.

You could have separate areas. One for cars, one for parts, one for any other. You could also have the same three for wanted too :)

Just my 2c - I'll go with the majority :)

Can we have both?

A for Sale section and a for sale Panjo section?

For me trying to get visibility of something out there, I don't want to use Panjo.
When I sold the Vette it was already on ebay, my for sale was only a link to a pre-existing advert.
For today, I have some details about a friend selling a car, but specifics need to go to the owner.
Neither of them, need panjo.

However, there be times when the sort of service they offer is required?

Thanks guys, that is a good plan, keep both.
Release the forum threads to be just normal forum threads.
forum_threads-non-panjo.jpg

Create a new sub thread, with Panjo Items. :)

Sounds like a good happy medium to use both systems.