Old photo of many Pontiacs

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Great seeing old photos like this.
106729556_10156949403457041_6201108396037138168_n.jpg

I remember a billing show we went to a few years back and there were 3 of them on the POC stand :)

There never used to be a shortage of them around. I wonder if perhaps something in the design makes them susceptible to the tin worm?

There never used to be a shortage of them around. I wonder if perhaps something in the design makes them susceptible to the tin worm?
Interesting point :unsure:.
That's just my own observation from going to shows and gatherings. I am probably newer to the Yank car scene than most of you guys, but it just seems to me that there are more third gen Camaros than Firebirds around now.
As far as I know, the main constructional differences between the two are the front and rear ends. Not sure if those parts rot any differently on either.
I found this short thread on Third Gen.org, but they seem to only talk about third gen rust generally.
Interesting thought though.

Wow that is a lovely story

Wow, I need another pop up blocker to view that site.
Great story and good photos.

Thanks for posting. A lovely story that I have to admit choked me up and struck a chord with me.
My Dad had always told me he would buy me a moped when I turned 16, but he died suddenly of a heart attack when I was 15. After he was gone, my Mum found some cash in his wallet that he had been saving which she knew must have been for the moped. So when I was 16 she bought me a second hand moped. It was a French built Motobecane...quite an uncool thing really but it certainly had character lol. Time went on and I sold the moped as I moved onto motor bikes and then cars. Many years ago, I was told that the guy we sold the ped to still had it. I thought about contacting him to buy it back, but did nothing about it. More recently, realising what it had meant to me, I decided I wanted to try and get it back. But the buyer had sold it and I've no idea who to.
It's strange how something inanimate can have such significance... even though it may make little sense to others.

Last edited:
Back