Notes to self on what to do on the website.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Album area
Looking at the HTML of the photos Album's there is no keyword tag in the head area, nor a description tag. The database does hold a description for the photo album.
To solve this, add a way to add Keyword into the Album when the description is entered. Then generate HTML for these in the head tag.
Done. :)

Install APC caching
Over the years I have come across many articles on enabling caching in VBulletin. Filecache has always been selected, as the option of Memcache, XCache, APC, eAccelerator and Wincache has never been enabled on the server. With the new server I can install a caching system, and as its Linux its usually free. I found the people seems to vote APC was the better one and still supported.
Done. :) Wrestled with the installing, but then SSH is all new to me. Then had to link it to the start up, and it sprung to life. This is only on the new server.

Links from Events listing to be links
When an event is added to the calender, there is a short description, and a link to where to find out more info. However this link looks like http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/content/events-shows/21-southsea-cruise.html its not fully formed as a clickable link. Look into making this work.

Uploading of Images error
When inserting and image into a post from another website it "Upload failed due to failure creating temporary file" however when uploading from your computer it is fine. Started on new server, so perhaps configuration somewhere. Look into this.

Large CMS Article Images
On the Article page there are a few images related tot he article. These images are served as full sized and your browser shrinks them to fit. See about serving a thumbnail image of this to speed things up.

Some Images from Albums missing
While browsing some of the albums, it appears some images were missing. Images gets called from the database with an alias of the name. This took a little while to track down, it turns out that when I downloaded the images it limited it to 10,000 in that directory, where there was really 12,000, so after a bit fo fudging I got hold of the remaining files and put them on the new server.
Done.:)

Arcade Sections needs attention
Some games wont load, look at perhaps a couple more games, and check scores save.
Done.:)

Last edited:
Back