New American diner

Sounds good, perhaps we should arrange a day. 88 miles straight up the A34. I could get there and back on one tank. May not get many of us going that distance, although if we tied it into something else like Abbotts Ann numbers would be greater, but that's in August. Perhaps we should just make a date like in May, and see how many people are up for it.

Sounds good but its a long way to go for breakfast, the same reason we have yet to make it down South to one of your regular meets.
But, if you were going to Billing it would be on the way for you guys....
M27 for some, M3, A34 north, slight detour to the diner, breakfast at the diner and then back on the A34, M40 etc etc

ooh, sounds like a plan. I've never been to billing. When is it on?

Never been to Billing?? :eek:hmy:

The AACI event at Billing Aquadrome is the biggest event in the Uk and back in '94 when I first attended I remember it being reported as 10000 cars with 30000 people!! It was spread across multiple fields and virtually everything imaginable was there.
I haven't been for a few years (Summer 2011 I think) and it has definately shrunk since those early (to me) days now usually fitting in one large show field. Of course the vehicles have also changed and whilst there is still a lot of classic American Iron, there is lots more newer stuff too.
The AACI have 3 events there per year - The Spring Nationals, The Summer Nationals and the late Summer Nationals.
We plan on attending all 3 events this year (yeah - i know it clashes with your season opener - sorry!).

I have never camped there - the stories of things going missing from tents is all too frequent but the Sunday show 'n shine day is always good.

I went to the Nationals show up the M1 for a couple of years around 2000. That's moved to Ipswitch, but not been at that venue before. I must go to Billing by the sounds of it. Summer Nationals I think. We could do just the Sunday one and pop into that american Diner on the way.

Back