Nearly went to the dark side again.....

Petrolhead

Since my partner has had her amg I've had a craving for the power my rs6 had, so have been thinking about selling the truck and going for another German v8.
Thankfully I have seen the light and will instead make the truck go faster! (This and the fact that her amg gearbox has just failed)
This brought back the bad memories that the audi gave me, bloody thing was always going wrong! My Monaro gave me 4 years of trouble free motoring and that is mainly because of the simple ingredients that my truck (ute btw) also shares.
So got a few bits to do to the truck then I'll be saving for a power upgrade! (Can't wait so may rob a bank)
I'm sure everyone gets an itch now and again, you just have to not scratch it sometimes!!

Don't scratch that itch!!! Stay Chevy powered. :) trouble free motoring

That's the problem with the high-end German cars - once they get older they can get expensive to own. They also just lack a little in the way of charactor, in my opinion. They're very impressive, but a bit clinical.

Agree with the character bit, my rs6 was very normal if you weren't pushing it!

Unfortunately I am seriously considering 'going for the scratch'. A supercharged 540i is calling me.......

Unfortunately I am seriously considering 'going for the scratch'. A supercharged 540i is calling me.......

That should go well Krys, what's it fitted to? Are you looking at Greyhound buses again?

That should go well Krys, what's it fitted to? Are you looking at Greyhound buses again?

Its a BMW E39 540i with a supercharger kit. Yeah it goes well!! Just kinda lost the love for yanks at the moment......

Well, if you must get a BMW, the E39 540i is the one to have in my opinion. Especially with the 6-speed manual.

The one BMW that really appeals to be visually though is the 8-series. That or an M1, but that would just be ridiculous, lol.

Just so happens there is a 840i behind my workshop being used as a door blocker......really must do something with it....

Back