Mustang Export Brace (69ish)

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
Bit of a long shot but anyone got an 'Export Brace' for an early Mustang hanging on the wall doing nothing? Any condition considered.

Can buy brand new easily enough but thought I'd try local first.

Try posting on Mocgb.

Ahead of you there Mate, no luck yet.

I might have struck lucky.....Watch this space.

from which forum lol

MOCGB, sounds like he's got a brand new one no longer required.

Thanks for that, I'll see how my local one pans out first.

Looks like the one I found on MOCGB is going ahead, £40.50 inc P&P.

And before you ask (Saleen) I will do the job myself and post a picture!!!

Seems like a great price. Has the one on yours failed? or is this like an optional extra/aftermarket performance add-on?
Looks farily simple to fit.

It's probably the simplest handling upgrade you can make to an early Mustang. Stock has two seperate 'Stiffeners' from the bulkhead to the shock towers which allows some unwanted flex. Fitting a single peice brace really improves rigidity and therefore handling.

But are you going to drive it like your stole it??????

I always do when roads and conditions allow. I pushed my old 68 to the limit at Mallory Park some years ago without any issues.

trackshot02.jpg

Well, it finally arrived today, the sender missed a vital piece of info from the address and therefore Parcelfarce have been going to the wrong place for the last five delivery attempts. So, here it is, I will post elsewhere when I've fitted it but don't hold your breath!

221128brace.jpg

Going to paint it as well??????

Probably, think I got some emulsion somewhere.

Looks quite nice bare metsl/chrome.

I guess it depends on your enhine bay colour, if you have the body colour under the hood then perhaps keep it chrome. If you have black under there, then perhaps go black. :unsure:

I'm keeping it black same as the rest of the engine bay.

Back