Must See Road Movies

sarah

Club Photographer
Seeing as it's becoming more apparent that I have watched very few road movies (Thanks AmericanThunder ;) ) I thought I would start this thread and create a list of movies I have to watch!!

I have seen Smokey and the Bandit and Bullitt.

So it is my mission to you Renegades to show me the light.......GO!!

1. Cannonball (Carquake)
2. American Graffiti
3. Dazed and Confused
4. Two Lane Black Top
5. Vanishing point
6. Last Ride
7. Gumball 3000
8.Smokey & The Bandit 1, 2 & 3
9. Cannonball Run 2
10.Driver
11. Gone In 60 Seconds (Original)
12. McQ
13. Hooper
14. Christine
15. The Wraith
16. Born To Run
17. Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
18.California Kid
19. Shaker Run
20. Death Race (Original)
21. Drive Angry
22. Ronin
23. Bullitt
24. Cars
25. Drive Hard

Last edited:
American Grafitti
Dazed and Confused
Two Lane Black Top

More to follow.......................

Vanishing point
Last Ride

Gumball 3000
Cannonball (not cannonball run!)
Cannonball Run 2
Smokey & the bandit 1, 2 and 3
Driver

Gone in 60seconds, the original not the Nick Cage re-make.
McQ
Hooper
Christine
The Wraith
Born to run (if you can find a copy, good movie even if the starring car is a mustang !! )

Last edited:
McQ
Hooper
Christine
The Wraith
Born to run (if you can find a copy, good movie even if the starring car is a mustang !! )

And what is WRONG with it being a mustang ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? as said good movie but as said if you can find a copy i did have a video copy many year's ago until my dog got it's teeth into many of my video's back then,

Dirty marry crazy larry good movie, california kid another great movie and just to keep you happy shaker run with the pink trans am but dose a ford capri in the car chase

How could I forget Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry!!
The original Death Race too - terrible movie, but fairly typical of the genre!

Drive angry is good movie wih plenty of American muscle

Certainly some great movies there.

Got a lot of watching to do Sarah :) :) :)

Oh gosh.....I've opened a can of worms here!! Lol :D

I have seen Drive Angry....can't stand Cage but it's a real funny movie, I think because some of it is just so bad. Still a great watch though!

Thank you everyone!.......lets see how many Netflix has....

I agree the original Gone in 60 Seconds is excellent. Really long car chase it that one, and lots of interesting motors. I think the remake is worth a look too though.

Ronin is also a good movie for the excellent edge-of-seat car chases. No American cars to speak of (it is set in France), but the car chase near the end is amazing.

I have seen Ronin countless times but the car chase at the end? I can't remember one!! I am seriously going to have to watch it again.

I have seen Ronin countless times but the car chase at the end? I can't remember one!! I am seriously going to have to watch it again.

Ok, maybe not right at the end, but quite near the end... Without giving too much away, the one involving driving through a tunnel on the wrong side of the road.

I'd also say the the plot in Ronin is thin, and a bit confusing. But the car chases make it worthwhile.

Cars (1) is one of my favourites. Avoid 'Drive Hard' like the plague! Crap film, every car he drives has an automatic trans and yet they show him stamping on the brake like a clutch pedal and then cut to an auto shifter when changing gear......Wish my mate hadn't lent it to me!

Cars (1) is one of my favourites. Avoid 'Drive Hard' like the plague! Crap film, every car he drives has an automatic trans and yet they show him stamping on the brake like a clutch pedal and then cut to an auto shifter when changing gear......Wish my mate hadn't lent it to me!

Just googled it, the reviews are pretty bad.....might be worth a watch just to see how bad it is :)

Must be some new ones we could add to list???