motorfactors gone ?

saleen 192

Core Member
wen i lived in sussex i used alot of motor factors CPA was the main i used great service , but replying to duce coupes for sale add promted to to see who is still about,

there used to be a big motor factors independant by brighton station back of london road moved to hove just up from namricks (nut and bolt shop) shcool road hove looking on google maps (how up to date ?)
https://www.instantstreetview.com/@50.834601,-0.189698,0h,13.82p,1z hoprfull span 180degree ?
massive place used to love poping in on way home did bike stuff as well but google search dosn't list and motor factors in that area anybody know? for the life of me cant remeber name i could find some old receipts,
also i beleave denmans electrical in little hampton has gone as well ?? used to be loads of electrical suppliers as well,

Bit far east for me. Perhaps ChrisWRX will know.

Chris not been on here for ages nor heard from him properly welding up a landy or bike riding with the kids??

Chris not been on here for ages nor heard from him properly welding up a landy or bike riding with the kids??
He does a lot of bike riding with the kids. He is looking well, lost a lot of weight.

See motorworld have been closing some of there shops some have been converted to spartan shops still on line motorworld.

Westeigh Motor factors have been brought out by Napa.

ProParts has moved to lovedaen lane. not been there since the move, so dont know if its downsizing, expanding, or cost saving etc...

i am still using Proparts. my guess is motor factors like all other shops are losing out to the internet

True I use Internet parts better pricing and in some cases better customer service as well. And they ship deliver quicker than motor factor can if they haven't got in stock unless if a local branch can drop ship deliver it. But it is a shame local car accessories shops are in decline.

If you dont support the local motor factors then they will go. All too easy to buy off the internet. Often getting a part that isn't right. Atleast with a motorfactors they usually get the right bit and if not, very easy to swap it over.

car parts for less is part of ECP euro car parts,

GSF has brought out CPA used to use the littlehampton and worthing branches alot always had good service ,

Back