Mini Cooper - Looking for Recommendations

Stephen CA

Core Member
image.jpeg

My Mini Cooper has been sat in my parents garage in Oxfordshire "awaiting restoration" for about the last decade. Can anyone recommend a local company that could rebuild the original 1275 A-Series engine? I think it's time to try and get it back on the road and to finish off the Monte Carlo rally replica I started 25 years ago!

View attachment 157148

My Mini Cooper has been sat in my parents garage in Oxfordshire "awaiting restoration" for about the last decade. Can anyone recommend a local company that could rebuild the original 1275 A-Series engine? I think it's time to try and get it back on the road and to finish off the Monte Carlo rally replica I started 25 years ago!

The A series is far from complex and good engine to work on, worst part is probably removing it from the vehicle,,,get stuck in to it if its not been apart it won't need much.

Hi Stephen CA. Nice picture of your Mini. As July92RS says, classic Mini engines are nice and simple to work on but can be fiddly to pull out of the car. I have a similar situation in that my Son has an 85 Mini Mayfair in my garden that's been off the road for about 10 years. We took the engine and front subframe out last year but haven't touched it since.
I don't know anybody local to Oxfordshire but there are a few companies down this way who repair and restore classics. I don't have their number but try Lights Cars Action near Bordon in Hampshire.

Will, thanks for that. The Mini is in Oxfordshire now, but I'm in Hampshire so Bordon isn't too far away. I just need to get it transported down here. I'd like to get it done before its 30th birthday!

No worries mate. They know their stuff. Wherever you get it done I hope you can get it sorted soon. We need to get my Son's done too really.

look on the mini onwer club forum or even facetube

look on the mini onwer club forum or even facetube

Ha Ha.....Someone else who posts twice!

Sorry for the hijack, please feel to carry on with this thread.

Not sure where you are in Hampshire but if you're looking for fellow Mini enthusiasts, there's a Mini owner's club local to me called Midweek Mini's. I've seen a few of them at the twice monthly Port Solent meet before and got talking to a guy. Apparently they are Portsmouth based and meet up on Portsdown Hill on a Wednesday evening. I don't do Facebook myself but I think this is their page....

Back