Looking for Recommendations.…

Stephen CA

Core Member
Having sat for nearly three years, its time to get the Camaro recommissioned. I’ve already got a new set of alloys to put on but I think it may need a new catalytic converter. Can anyone recommend a garage in the Portsmouth / Waterlooville area that can look at it before I commit to spending a load of money on it. Thanks.

21AF44B1-116C-4510-848E-2F0C5EDBD76E.jpeg

Have a word with Andy at 'AL Motors' on the Aston Road Est. He does a lot of work on American cars (Including mine). 023 92 266 966.

What makes you think you need a new cat??

There are O2 sensors before and after the cat.
The ones before the cat usually go first, perhaps they have already been changed?
The ones behind the cat become sluggish too, this causes the ECU to throw a cat error. It may be the cat but it may be the sensor(s)
I dont have any softwsre to plug into a GM car older than 99.
The O2 sensors give out a sine wave as the O2 mixture goes from lean to rich as the ECU self tunes, cycles over second or so, or multiple times a second at higher revs. If these stop cycling then it could be a duff sensor.
Sensors maybe £30-£50 each, Could be cheaper than a cat. Worth checking.

long shot. the soft ware for some vehicles can be found very cheaply on the internet . with lead to plug into your laptop. i have the ford and gm one on mine. my version of op-com [gm soft ware] will go back to 1990. think i got them from fleebay.

Back