Man driving U.S. police car in Guildford is arrested

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A man with an American police car has fallen foul of real police after parking on double yellow lines while he went to McDonald's for a snack.

Mark Knight, 33, parked the squad car - complete with the iconic NYPD badge emblazoned on the bonnet - in the centre of Guildford, Surrey, and went to the restaurant yesterday afternoon.

However, Surrey Police came to investigate the unusual scene and when they opened the boot of the blue and white car - which is authentic and has been used in Hollywood films - they discovered replica firearms and police equipment.

A police armed response team were called to the High Street and officers with guns handcuffed Mr Knight, who hires the car out for special occasions, before placing him in the back of a police van.
Three Surrey Police cars and a transit van rushed to the incident as shoppers looked as the officers searched the powerful American Ford Crown Victoria.

Thought it was Mark from the club for a mo, but the car is too new, but its older than Martyns.
Fill news article here:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ficers-firearms-CS-gas-bullet-proof-vest.html

Oops!! Well that'll teach him for parking illegally!!!

Wonder what they would of made of me last week with Blue Strobes on my van, and all sorts in the back....

Wonder what they would of made of me last week with Blue Strobes on my van, and all sorts in the back....
hummm, dare I ask... lol

OOoppssss

Well if he was parked outside mcdonalds in the high street upper end it's pay and display on both sides of the street if he had a parking ticket whats the problem and if fire arms were hopefully not realy or if they were and had a liance whats the problem ?????????????????????????????????????????

The car is a fake.....

Its not even got the ram bars on it, is it just a Crown Vic with a paint job?
Mark have you met the guy on your travels?

Yes it's just a paint job , it's not a real cop car ....yes have meet the owner ....he is well known to the police....

Opps didn't see the part about double yellow lines my mistake.

No offence to the guy, but sounds like he was seeking a sympathy vote "They checked me 5 weeks ago! THEY KNOW ME! This is my business. I do charity work too, and I don't charge them!"......good? But what right does that give you to park on double yellows...?

do they martyns is an official nypd car not a blue light on it

if you google it 9 out of ten have read and white lights and not all have nudge bars

Found a video of some vehicles responding to an emergency. All NYPD. Red and White facing forwards, seems like Red/Blue from the back.
[video=youtube;xQ6qnzmJUms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6qnzmJUms[/video]

Back