London to Brighton Bike ride.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
This year myself and Sarah are looking to do the London to Brighton bike ride. Its the night time one. I really need to get in training, only been on the bike a couple of times in the last year. Their are a few choices of charitys to donate too. So I'm sure you will hear from both of us in the near future with sponser forms.

http://www.moonriders.co.uk/?gclid=COb47_3E460CFUoifAodeh099Q

MOONRIDERS LONDON TO BRIGHTON

Fri 29 Jun 2012​

Combining the iconic London to Brighton route with the unique sensation of night cycling; a mass participation night cycle in aid of charity open to riders of mixed abilites and paces; the thrill of riding on deserted roads illuminated only by torchlight; accomplished cyclists aim to complete the course in under four hours, others take a more leisurely pace!

Setting off from Alexandra Palace you'll pedal through eerily quiet London streets, past some of the Capital?s most iconic landmarks before breaking out onto the open country roads of Surrey and Sussex. Pausing en-route for a hot-meal stop, riders aim to complete the 100km course just as the sun rises over Brighton seafront. Moonriders is the ultimate Capital to Coast charity night cycle and is already into it's second year - watch a video of the 2011 ride here...

moonriders%20home%20image.jpg

- 100km night road cycling in groups
- Fully signed and controlled route
- Suitable for road, hybrid, mountain, folding bikes - tandems!

- Departures from 10pm until after midnight
- Rest stops and hot-meal en-route
- Support riders, bike mechanics, medics, vehicle cover
- Rider breakfast - family, friends, supporters welcome
- Free bike return service to London included
- ?59 registration fee
- Fundraising pledge for charity of choice

- Online resource, GPS route data, rider safety pack
- Optional coach transfer to London

Back