Keys

Jumbot

Probably been done to death, but I cannot find any reference to programing another key and fob/blip to a Jeep kj, is it possible to buy second hand and have the fob/blip programed to your car? how is the transponder problem overcome? Is the transponder sealed inside the key?

I don't know about Jeep, but with the Pontiac fob, each fob transmits a unique serial number. You have to get the car to learn new serial numbers of the fobs. For the Trans-Am, it was a removal of a fuse and various on / off sequence of the ignition and then press the buttons on the fob for it to learn.

I'd like to think it would be something similar on the jeep. There could be something on a jeep forum.

Thank you, it appears my google missed that page all together, there is a shop in reasonable distance that I am told can also program the keys fobs, so with this new info I will go talk to the chap, before buying anything!! Its good to get several opinions as you never know how much 'my mate down the pub' stuff you have to trawl through!!

Simpson the key shoe people that you see at shopping centers and food outlets they can do some of the modern stuff as well

Simpson the key shoe people that you see at shopping centers and food outlets they can do some of the modern stuff as well
You mean Timpson. They cut keys, and yes do modern stuff. This thread is programming the fob to the vehicle, which many mean going to a dealer to do.

You mean Timpson. They cut keys, and yes do modern stuff. This thread is programming the fob to the vehicle, which many mean going to a dealer to do.
I have an OBD reader but it was specifically for VW when I had the Touareg, however I have had reasonable success with other vehicles, sadly not the Jeep, so I do believe you are correct the main agent will probably have to be involved, hey ho

Car club tonight, there is a chap called John, I believe he is a vehicle saleman, he talked about them having a Jeep with a hellcat engine in it, perhaps they are a dealer for Dodge/Jeep. If I remember and I see him, I'll ask the question about programming a key-fob for a 2004 Jeep.

Car club tonight, there is a chap called John, I believe he is a vehicle saleman, he talked about them having a Jeep with a hellcat engine in it, perhaps they are a dealer for Dodge/Jeep. If I remember and I see him, I'll ask the question about programming a key-fob for a 2004 Jeep.
Much obliged if you could, perhaps you could also put the lid on the myth that second hand or pre programmed keys can be reprogrammed??

"""You mean Timpson. They cut keys, and yes do modern stuff. This thread is programming the fob to the vehicle, which many mean going to a dealer to do. ""
well spotted dan,

Thank you for the information, will follow up

Back