Karting

Will

Core Member
Yesterday, me, Dan, Sarah and a bunch of others went karting at Thruxton near Andover (on their kart circuit - not the main race track lol).
What a blast! It was a brilliant day! Actually, we go indoor karting at Teamsport's Gosport track too occasionally. But Thruxton is an outdoor tarmac circuit and the karts are probably twice as fast with a 60 mph top end!
We would love to arrange some Renegades karting sessions sometime. Any takers??
Below are a few pictures from yesterday...
Screenshot_20191215-172253.png
Screenshot_20191215-172147.png
Screenshot_20191215-172226.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191215-172147.png
    Screenshot_20191215-172147.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
wow would be great :)

Aching today, but what a buzz. We has loads of track time, learning the track as it was drying out, knowing what corners you got go full throttle. Done a few 360s when braking too hard for a corner. Great fun.

Yesterday, one of my sons mentioned that Teamsport Karting in Farnborough run electric karts. We drove up to check the place out today and ended up having a go. Apart from there being a motor where the engine would be, they look almost identical to the petrol karts.
I fully expected to be underwhelmed but to say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement!! I would say the acceleration is marginally better than the petrol indoor karts and the handling is just the same. They are almost silent apart from a quiet whine from the motor, with the only other noise being from tyre squeal on braking and cornering and the wheels riding over the joints in the track surface. Despite my expectations, I have to say that I didn't miss the engine noise at all. (I definitely didn't miss stinking of exhaust fumes either). And the track is amazing. It is on two levels and the ramps add to the whole experience. It is £30 for two 15 minute sessions and is a hell of a crack for the money! I am going to round up a few others and go back up for another go. I can fully recommended it if anyone fancies trying it.
IMG_20200219_131953_764_hdr.jpg
IMG_20200219_132436_294_hdr.jpg

We should certainly try to arrange a club gathering for this. What venue should we aim for? perhaps Gosport, and then perhaps do another later in the year at another venue?

We should certainly try to arrange a club gathering for this. What venue should we aim for? perhaps Gosport, and then perhaps do another later in the year at another venue?
Yeah, definitely. Depends who is interested and which venue would be most central I guess. Both Gosport and Farnborough are fun, but I'd personally say the track at Farnborough has the edge.
And for an even bigger rush there's Thruxton of course ?