Identification of rear axle Jeep kj

To update the saga, the diff required is a 4.10 ratio, my son took the front diff mounting off and found the tag, which says 4.10, and they are rare, easier to find hens teeth, soooooooo, who reckons if the earlier 4.10 axle would fit? its got drum brakes? but otherwise identical, anyone know if it would swap over? Obviously handbrake cables would have to be changed, any other problems?

maybe the brakes will swop over or the bits inside the axle

Found a proper axle, its on its way, soon as its fitted, its on ebay, any takers?

Update, My Nipper and a friend have fitted the second hand axle, I am assured the axle has only covered 82k on removing the back plate all seemed well, a complete set of teeth !!! on driving all sounds in order, no bearing or diff noise, so at long last she is finished, Having treated myself to a BMW X5 3.0D and trusted it to a garage I have known for the past 30 years she has had a right going over from front to rear and a bill of just over £1500 OUCH!! but as I cannot do the work due to my latest ill health, I have to pay, soooooooo yesterday I went to my daughters where the Jeep is being stored and gave her a last polish, and a good clean inside, I ended up knackered but in Jet Black she does look good, my daughter has put it on Face Bay? with a through description, apart from the idiots that message just because they can offering silly sums for it so far no real interest, so over to you people........................................................Honestly what do you reckon its worth? May be worth looking at the for sale add I have on here and following what it has had done to get a better idea of the Money I have poured into it, thanks for looking.

Back