Hurst roll kit (line lock burn out kit )

Chriswrx123

Premier Users
Hi all one of my many jobs today was to start fitting a hurst roll kit to my mustang bought as a complete kit from American muscle so all the wiring and extra pipe work comes with it also so very good fitting instructions IMG_2968.jpgand then a basic pic of it together IMG_2969.jpg then to fitting unit to left hand side of brake boosterIMG_2970.jpgthen removing front brake pipe from master cylinder and attaching new pipe into brake cylinder and new pipe to front brake this is a job for someone with very small hands as it tight for space IMG_2972.jpgIMG_2973.jpgone thing the instructions didn't mention and I found very helpful was to move the a/c bottle out of the way this was manly for the front brake pipe connection which ends up under the booster so is very had to get too. That's it for today has still got to re-bled the brakes all round and wire up the switches etc so I'll leave that for another update

Great write up so far chris and pictures too well impressed,

Very good, nice piccys. Looks easy to install.

now if only you had enough power to spin them tyres... :heh: do you have a button to spray oil on the tyres first...:eyebrows:

Lol might have to put the spark plugs back in the 6 other cylinders!!!! Yes nice and simple kit takes longer to get the front brake pipe re-plumbed in due to the booster and excess issues (dam these big hands)lol than fitting the rest of kit !!!

I fitted one to my 4th gen TA. Never used it for the line lock, but used it to change the brake bias after some serious brake modifications.
Looking good Chris.

any more updates oh and video of action

Not at the moment as I'm house hunting in South Wales lol

Well finished up fitting the roll on kit yesterday only had the wiring and fitment of switches to do plus bleed the brakes I took it upon myself to do a complete bleed front to back so there is new fluid in the system though out .IMG_2981.jpgIMG_2982.jpg

And the test run what was that like ?? hope the local council are not resurfacing the A24 :wave::wave::wave:

Back