Hollycombe Steam Fair - Saturday 22nd September

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Possible one for the diary.

I am the regional rep for the rover p5 club in Hampshire, we are organizing a charity event from our local meet pub to Hollycombe steam fair and would like to invite your members along

We are looking to meet at The Master Builder from 2:30pm on Saturday 22nd September, Hollycombe Steam fair has offered us a great deal with each person paying just ?4:00 each entry fee (normal admission fee is 10:50 adults and 8:50 children/seniors). We are looking for a donation of a minimum of ?2:00 registration fee per car this ?2:00 will go straight to the running costs of the Hampshire and isle of wight air ambulance.
If any of you belong to a classic car club then please pass this information on to your fellow members, we welcome all types of vehicles at our events and if you fancy coming in period dress then feel free.

The route is around 34 miles and takes around 1.5 hours depending on driving style etc, Hollycombe do have a cafe on site which serves basic food IE pasties,pies,burgers,sausage and chips etc,with hot/cold drinks. They will open early for us as i would estimate you would start arriving around 5pm onwards, they are going to try there up-most to have the steam train running for this evening and look to have it ready for around 5 when we all start arriving.

If its possible if you would please drop me a email with rough numbers by the 9th September so can get the tickets out in the post so you buy them at registration which saves time queuing at the venue.

Many Thanks

Paul McKay
Hampshire Regional Rep Rover P5 Club

I inquired about age limit, and if my car would be welcome.
they replied...
Hi dan there is no age limit we have had cosworths and lancia delta integrale so as long as its not a euro box then something like a trans am etc no problem. We don't care what cars turn up the more the merrier as we raise more money for air ambulance

Regards Paul
Hampshire Regional Rep Rover P5 Club

So Krys, looks like your Volvo may not be welcome to this one. :hurt:

Will be nice to go for a drive. Could be fun, may have to power up my sat nav just in case I don't have a co-pilot to read a map.

Back