Gotta love a scam

July92RS

Core Member
Well i know we are heading towards a Mad Max era but really,,I have advertised the XC90 for sale and within 12 hours i get an email to the tune of its just what i need for my daughter,am wheelchair bound so need to get a recovery company to collect and of course,,,,,,,Please open a paypal account so i can transfer the money,,,i mean come on LoL,,,The emails sent were priceless

Don’t know about mad-max but I was trying to get shopping for my mum this morning. The co-op was like a zombie apocalypse movie!!

Don’t know about mad-max but I was trying to get shopping for my mum this morning. The co-op was like a zombie apocalypse movie!!
I went into a couple of shops yesterday looking for some fresh chicken. Some of the shelves looked like the shop fitters had just installed them before being stocked... completely empty!
People are behaving like idiots :mad:

Went into Co-Op in Cosham at lunchtime just to get a couple of bits. An elderly gentleman had obviously walked from home which must have taken him some time only to find there wasn't any bread left in the entire shop. One of the whop assistants let him have the loaf she had actually put aside to take home for her own family. Faith in humanity briefly restored. I agree with Will, people are behaving like utter idiots.

Went into Co-Op in Cosham at lunchtime just to get a couple of bits. An elderly gentleman had obviously walked from home which must have taken him some time only to find there wasn't any bread left in the entire shop. One of the whop assistants let him have the loaf she had actually put aside to take home for her own family. Faith in humanity briefly restored. I agree with Will, people are behaving like utter idiots.
That's heartbreaking! ?
Yes, there are still many lovely and compassionate people around thankfully.

Back to the thread subject lol ... selling stuff can be a real minefield these days. eBay is a classic example. You sometimes see much sought after things at suspiciously low prices (like classic cars, boats, campervans etc). The listings often have a low number of pictures, one sometimes being a page with an email address on. I am an experienced eBayer so they stand out a mile to me, but could catch out the unwary.

It it surprising what scams people fall for. Some people are clued up and spot then but it's worrying the amount of people who don't.
I think banks shouldn't be held responsible for peoples stupidity. Often if you are caught by a scam the banks will see you right and you get your money back. The banks loose out, eventually the money is being funded by others using the bank, or could even be the tax payers when the bank needs a bailout. So really the the scammer that is doing well out of it, and everyone(not just the numpty that fell for the scam) else is loosing out.

It it surprising what scams people fall for. Some people are clued up and spot then but it's worrying the amount of people who don't.
I think banks shouldn't be held responsible for peoples stupidity. Often if you are caught by a scam the banks will see you right and you get your money back. The banks loose out, eventually the money is being funded by others using the bank, or could even be the tax payers when the bank needs a bailout. So really the the scammer that is doing well out of it, and everyone(not just the numpty that fell for the scam) else is loosing out.
All very true, there is so much available information about scamming now and most attempts are pretty obvious. Some people clearly don't keep their eyes open lol.
But some scams are very devious and people such as the elderly need protection. I also think they need to come down much much harder on the scammers if caught.

Back