Garden adjustments in preparation for a wider garage

Adding more lights and running in the electrical cables.
attachment.php

All 6 lights wired in. Loads of light given off by them. I'm very pleased with it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Saturday morning, time to hang the door.
attachment.php

Will be getting more wood for the door, need more of the same wood and some other bits, so will be making a list of the final finishing bits.

Nice Sturdy lock fitted with big coach bolts.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Prepping the floor.
attachment.php

First board going down.
attachment.php

Sunday, the day to get working on the floor.
attachment.php

Almost there.
attachment.php

Nipped out to Mustang gathering to see Chris WRX with the new renegades Hoodie. On the way back popped into Wickes to get some Celotex. I have loads of loft insulation left over, but don't want to have it too low to the ground. So installing Celotex low down and loft insulation higher up. At 4:17 a sheet and each sheet is 0.5m2, I would need (2.1X1.80)*(3.5*1.8)*2 = 30m2. So 60 sheets. £250, so just invested £65 as this will be enough to do the low down parts.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Now to start putting some panelling on.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking Awesome

bl##dy nora

Got more wood from Goodwillies. This is to finish off the outside. Wanting to box in the roof underneath, hiding the beams. Just really wanting it to look nice. Plug I needed some more to finish the sides and the door.
attachment.php

The van floor is 3meters long, however the planks of wood were up to 4.8m. I took my battery circular saw, and cut them down to fit.

attachment.php

Having to cut some fancy notches to avoid the beams.

Now it tucks in above the window.
attachment.php

Boxing in the roof beams, looks quite nice if I say so myself.
attachment.php

No roof rack on van then?????? should give up your day job sitting behind a desk and become a chippy no not the salt and vinger ones........ :pound:

So thats where all the trees have goone in portsmouth
They are chopping the trees down in Portsmouth for better 5G coverage, so best use the wood for something.

This thread seems to have lost photos. perhaps the import from blogs missed them. What a pain.... I can view the original blogs, so I could copy in the photos manually.

Back