First 2016 Chevy Camaro (6th Gen) Prototype Spied!

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
ijtk72kv.jpg
This has been a long time coming, but the 2016 Chevy Camaro (6th generation) prototype has finally broken cover!

Still covered in concealing camouflage, the first look ever at the next generation ?2016 Camaro? due to hit the market next year. It will ride on a new platform ? the Alpha platform currently used in the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

It?s also expected to be smaller and lighter than the current 5th gen Camaro.

Possibly being revealed in Detroit in January. So although its a 2016 Camaro, you can buy is in 2015, why to American sell next years car this year, is it a marketing ploy?

They have to cover it cos they are ashamed of it :whistle::whistle:

I think its like a lot of modern American sports cars today - very high waisted with a low roofline. The new challenger and mustang is the same.
Not a look I like although the 5th gen has grown on me as time has gone by - its such a shame the 5th gen is such a fatty.
I hope they do something different to the wheels too - they look the same as the 3rd gen wheels with the design of the spokes.

We drove through and stayed in death valley a few years ago and the amount of cars you see under such camoflage is surprising. I guess the manufacturers do some of their hot testing there?

Haha, I can imagine it was pretty warm??

Yes it was pretty warm considering we were there in September. Here s a picture I took showing the max temperatures there:

image.jpg

Here is what the car was showing when we got there - I think it got hotter but I didn't get the picture:

image.jpg

Back