Final Meet at Horndean Raceway Ocotber 12th 2014!!

sarah

Club Photographer
Sunday October 12 2014.

Unlimited national banger meeting - THIS WILL BE the LAST EVER race meeting on the chalk at Horndean!

Southern Autosport Association (SAA) invites all drivers, spectators and racing fans to sample what may be the last meeting at Horndean and help the track go out with a bang (SAA WILL continue, even if that means a new site!).

This meeting is also their annual funday for the hot rod drivers too as well as hosting their usual nudge and spin rookie bangers - all visiting hot rods and rookies are welcome alongside their unlimiteds on the day.

Opening Times:
Gates: 0800
Racing: 1100

Horndean.
PO8 0DR

Just off Junction 2 of the A3.

Admission:
SSA Member: ?5.00
Adult: ?10.00
12-16yrs: ?5.00
Disabled/OAP: ?5.00
Under 12yrs: Free
Family Ticket 2 Adults/ 2 Children: ?25.00

A MEETING NOT TO BE MISSED! THEY ARE GOING OUT WITH A BANG!

For more information about the racing and SAA please visit their website
Southern Autosport, SAA RACEWAY, Only chalk surfaced oval racing on the south coast, Horndean, Hampshire, Nr Portsmouth

Who is up for this?? Dan and me are going, as showing support for Renegades Malc, Fran and Jo who have been racing here for years!!

smaaaaash :)

AAAAAND.......I'll be having a go, providing Jo can find a car for me. I loved it too years ago, got two laps done and the car cut out and wouldn't start again! Gutted, but I did get to t-bone a BMW and it felt good!!!

What a brilliant day. loads of racing, many smash racing too. Its surprising no one gets hurt rear ending a stationary car at 40mph ish, then another one going up the back of him. Very good entertainment.
My feet were a tad frozen wearing wellies, as expected it to be a bit boggy around the edge, it was fine. So walked back to the car to change back into trainers. It was funny trying to walk, it was like my legs has seized up, perhaps a sign of old age. We watched a bit more racing before Jo/Malc said they are walking around the pits to find a car to race in. It was boggy around there, perhaps I should have kept my wellies on after all.
Great day though, rain held of for most of it.

I loved the day....bit gutted we had to leave for Mum's birthday meal so I didn't get to have another go in a banger....still a brilliant day, lots of racing and lots or metal crunching fun!!

There is a race track at angmering near me if you want more ?????????????????????????????????????????

Back