Feurewehr VW

Stephen CA

Core Member
Expanded the fleet slightly yesterday afternoon, another ambition achieved. A complete and original Aircooled VW Firebus, complete with working lights, siren and radios and a full file of history and documents from the Neumunster Fire Department.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Now that is differant to what we normally see on here

One of my old vans down south used to be a T25

Nice, idea for camping too. Will you get rid of your other campervan?

Thats looks very good condition for its age. Does it drive good?

Nice, idea for camping too. Will you get rid of your other campervan?

Thats looks very good condition for its age. Does it drive good?

No, the motorhome is ideal for holidays, but you wouldn’t want to spend more than a couple of nights at shows or such like in this one, but it does have a folding bed to put over the back row of seats.

It’s done less than 45,000 kilometres from new and drives perfectly. The underneath is like new. I wasn’t really looking for one but after it came up and I looked at it I had to buy it, especially at the price.

That looks the part! They are quite a saught after old van, even without the novelty of what yours is. Lots of fun and a good investment 👍

Thanks for that. Aircooled T25s are particularly rare as they only made them for a couple of years. I’ve got a couple of period accessories planned and I think it should be possible to turn the middle row of seats around quite easily to give more sitting room inside. But it deserves to stay as a firebus.

Looks like rotor blades are an option for T25's.
volkswagen-t25-feuerwehr-german-fire-department-vehicle-converted-into-a-camper-van-R743WX.jpg

Some more pictures of the Firebus on the seafront. Unfortunately it has now gone the way of the others and is currently off the road....:rolleyes: Looks like I'll be missing Beachdubbin' again on Sunday. :rolleyes:

IMG_2081.jpgIMG_2114.JPGIMG_2097.jpgIMG_2101.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Whats needed to fix it?

Sorry to hear that. Whats needed to fix it?

Still the started motor. I've been waiting for nearly three months now. I've bought I cheap one now from E Bay just to get it going with a view to swapping it out with a better one once they become available. It's a nightmare trying to get parts from Europe at the moment. Been up to Waterlooville this lunchtime to see about getting the Camaro back on the road as well so slowly moving forward. How is Sarah's Camaro coming on?

How is Sarah's Camaro coming on? That the million dollar question lol,,,,

No motor factors or rockauto able to get you a starter motor? there used to be a starter motor company in bognor mybe take yours in there and they rewind it repair it? behind where tesco is or there is a company on totton as you come of the m27 that do motor rewinds used to use them years ago for machine motors

No motor factors or rockauto able to get you a starter motor? there used to be a starter motor company in bognor mybe take yours in there and they rewind it repair it? behind where tesco is or there is a company on totton as you come of the m27 that do motor rewinds used to use them years ago for machine motors

Thanks for that! Now that is a really good idea. If I get the cheap one fitted for now so its actually useable for the rest of the show season, retain the original one and then get it refurbed and then swap it back again over the winter it means that the originality of the Bus is maintained as well. (y)

Not done any more to it. However I do have a friend that is a mechanic that requires some PC hardware that I have. He can do a bit of welding, make up new brake pipes, and I give him some unneeded computer parts, he will be happy, and it dosn't cost me anything.

Back