Fetching parts for T/A

IMAG9873.jpg

IMAG9874.jpg
Here we go, a couple of photos.

Very chilly today, I need some room to do it too. May do it in the car park at work. As cant get in the passenger side of the car in the drive, cant reverse on the drive as uneven drive catches on the bottom of the car. I will swap over the seat-belts too, then the belt will retract properly, so will need to take down the roof lining. It took 90 mins to get two seats out and the seat belts and wing mirrors. So possibly a similar time to get the seats and belts in. Not sure if I will get time Saturday, and Sunday is our breakfast run. So will have to be next week. No rush, needs to be done before April.

I want to get it repaired, its been like that for too long, but then the car needs a whole respray, but funds are tight due to wedding. Would be nice for it to be perfect for the wedding.

IMAG9902.jpg

Contacted the guy I got the seats from to see if the door switches were available. I knew at the time I went up there someone was interested in the door cards, as the switches are really part of the door card I let the other person have first dibs on them. Well the switches didn't go. Got the pair for £30 including postage. I needed the drivers side as my door lock switch is duff and have to lock the car from the passenger side.
So another thing to tick off the list. :)

Last edited:
Result ...

I still haven't put the seats in yet

Helped a friend this weekend put up a fence that blew down. Only 1.5 panels, getting out the old rotten posts and concreting in new took a little while.

Wedding getting closer, I really should get them new 1995 seats fitted. Wont take long, just need the space. Perhaps Saturday 31st as drive concrete may be good for a car, can have both doors open and get it cleaned out, and all bits fitted before April 4th.

yes the trans-an must look it's best for the wedding

Paid the toll, both ways was £5, if only i was 20mins later coming back, I may have been outside the time. although their website doesn't tell you if you went through or not. So I paid enough for both ways.

Got some goodies.
attachment.php

The back of the seats are plastic and in very good condition, my original seats are leather effect backed. Photos above is the drivers side.

attachment.php

Passenger seat, also very good condition, only mark on it is on the left hand side, and a bit of polish will probably eliminated that mostly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Quite a bit of wear on the drivers seat, but at least is only one panel, and this is in far better condition than my current seat. Had a quote for around £300 to repair my drivers seat, I got these two seats for well under that.

attachment.php

Seatbelts, my current ones seem to have the platic missing on the metal clippy put, so when the seatbelt retracts the clippy bit dosn't go up. These seatbelts are like new. All bolts are there and caps.

attachment.php

These are for the t-tops to clip through into the car. one of mine on the passenger side has always been missing.

attachment.php

Got a pair of wing mirrors too.

attachment.php

It has a little thouch up in the past, but barely noticeable.

attachment.php

This has had a little touch up too, cant see it in the photos, but it is there.

attachment.php

Looks pretty darn good underneath too.

A good successful trip i think, almost 5 hours driving in my little Kia, seats fitted on the back seats with loads of room to spare, could see my whole back window, so not even any obstruction.

ooooh do they mount same way as camaro mirrors