Fetching parts for T/A

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A 95 Trans-am has some major damages and is being broken down for parts. I saw this on the Pontiac Owners club facebook page.
One of my rear light clusters has a crack, unfortunately the light clusters have already gone.

Screenshot_20180112-071256.jpgScreenshot_20180112-071308.jpgScreenshot_20180112-071313.jpg

My drivers seat is really worn, and had quotes for £300 to fix it, and means being without a seat for a little bit. So its handy that front seats are available in this car, the drivers seat is slightly damaged but only on one panel, so wont take a lot of money to get it looking like new, The passenger seat is meant to be mint. Both seats the same colour as mine.

I'll also look at a few other things I need, my sun visors are worn, door lock switch on drivers side, the little plastic cup the t-top pin goes through on the passenger side. I have gotten a list together, also charged my torch, and going to make the road trip to Essex tonight after work. I have measures my T/A seats and by turning them upside down with the headrest in the footwell of the rear of the Kia, these will both fit with room to spare.

Electrical stuff. Window switches, door jam switches, speakers, rear view mirror (for map reading lights).
All the stuff that will nickel and dime you as the cars age further.

Door mirrors too. Many f-bodies here have the folding euro spec mirrors and that car has the US ones. You could sell them if you don’t want them.

Thanks, yes good idea. The car is 5 years older, I know engines and all that changed, the seats are slightly different, but I think more of the interior will be the same, like door switches and rear view. Worth keeping stock of things.

I remember the time when I lost a wheel stud, checked in the loft and had a complete front hub assembly with speed sensor laying there I almost forgot about.

Wing mirrors should be easy enough to get off, I believe he has someone that wants the door cards, so with them off its easy to unplug the electrics to the door mirrors and undo the bolts.

Awesome, that's what I needed to hear.

The top of my dash has a small crack at one end. I wonder if this one is in good shape and can be taken off in the dark without breaking it. We shall see. We have already agreed a price on the seats and seat belts, the rest will be open to negotiation. He knows I would have traveled over 100 miles to get there, but I'm happy to walk away if the price of other things are not within the cash limit I'm taking with me.

Shame you can’t get the whole thing and take what you need :). You can almost guarantee you’ll not get something and then need it !

At clacket lane services, traffic been good soo far.

IMAG9832.jpg
Seats out.
IMAG9833.jpg
Fit in Kia fine.

I have wing mirrors, and a plastic bit for t-tops. Also seatbelts.
Didn't get door switches, as someone else was after door cards, so keeping together, but I'm first on list if they done go, small enough to post. :) great guy, has some very nice cars too.

Well done dont forget get to pay the dartford toll. So weekend of swopping out parts

Paid the toll, both ways was £5, if only i was 20mins later coming back, I may have been outside the time. although their website doesn't tell you if you went through or not. So I paid enough for both ways.

Got some goodies.
attachment.php

The back of the seats are plastic and in very good condition, my original seats are leather effect backed. Photos above is the drivers side.

attachment.php

Passenger seat, also very good condition, only mark on it is on the left hand side, and a bit of polish will probably eliminated that mostly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Quite a bit of wear on the drivers seat, but at least is only one panel, and this is in far better condition than my current seat. Had a quote for around £300 to repair my drivers seat, I got these two seats for well under that.

attachment.php

Seatbelts, my current ones seem to have the platic missing on the metal clippy put, so when the seatbelt retracts the clippy bit dosn't go up. These seatbelts are like new. All bolts are there and caps.

attachment.php

These are for the t-tops to clip through into the car. one of mine on the passenger side has always been missing.

attachment.php

Got a pair of wing mirrors too.

attachment.php

It has a little thouch up in the past, but barely noticeable.

attachment.php

This has had a little touch up too, cant see it in the photos, but it is there.

attachment.php

Looks pretty darn good underneath too.

A good successful trip i think, almost 5 hours driving in my little Kia, seats fitted on the back seats with loads of room to spare, could see my whole back window, so not even any obstruction.

well done dan wish i could find some odd parts for mine
Parts don't seem to come up often. I heard about the car from the Pontriac Owner club.

arhh man . you shoulda said need some t-top seals for camaro should be the same

Matt . rockauto sell them depends what gen your camaro is? As to type i have a discount code if you want it?

Well he still has the seals intact, they did look very good. He is willing to post stuff. It was just that seats are a bit big. The seals should roll up into a carrier bag size package.

Picked up the seat from the repair place, they have done a fab job, well happy with it. Now I have two seats that look pretty much like new.