Expired certificate

Wat certs you talking about??

The certificate lasts for a year, the last one was Symantec SSL which I paid for.
To be honest I didn't realise it expired until mid day yesterday. So about half a day of it being expired.
If applied a new certificate, and looked fine on the PC, so all should be okay now. However looking at my phone it's not showing a padlock. I'll run some checks on this to check it's applied.

Wat certs you talking about??
It gives you a little padlock in the top left of your screen. Mainly used for websites where you can buy stuff from, it's encrypted data. If you use a website without a padlock people can 'sniff' the TCP/IP traffic and it would be readable, so people can gain passwords.
A padlock is a bit of belt and braces for Renegades, it's not really required for what we use, but it is favourable.

okay, I have checked the certificate on
https://www.digicert.com/help/
you can type in www.solent-renegades.co.uk as the domain name to be checked.
1573035044388.png

1573035061549.png

Certificate looks to be in place. If you are getting an error, I would hope its just a temporary error, as the previous one expired and I didn't apply a new one for a few hours.

That explains things!

Is it still showing as invalid? All is showing good from an independant source and locally here. Perhaps the browser hasn't reloaded the certificate?

Glad it's good now. I must be more on my toes next time. The Symantec SSL didn't give me a reminder of its expiry. The current one gives me an alert like 30 days in advance, so hopefully the expiry won't happen again if I'm on the ball.

Back