[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
m_ss20070812_296.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]vs[/FONT]

m_ca20070902_012.jpg
[/FONT]
Some time ago myself and Paul has a little blast side by side, it was damp. His rear axle wasn't limited slip diff (LSD), had more weight, and more power but I managed to pull away from him as he couldn't get the power to the road.

Now he has upgraded the power with a supercharger and can now get more power on the road due to fitting the LSD. He challened me to go at it down the drag strip.

So that fueled my urge for more power, so Heads and cam are on, and producing a smidgen under 500hp @ 6000rpm.

500hp lighter car Manual car, vs 600hp+ heavier automatic car.
Could be close, both have advantages and disadvantages.

When this will happen?!?!, our aim is Feb 2010
icon_smile_cool.gif

[/FONT]

oOo how exciting thats got to be a Renegade day out for sure. Keep us updated Dan and may the best man (and car) win!!! :p

I dont care who wins as long as you are both safe at the end of the quarter mile !!

It will all be over in 10 or 11 seconds :)

We will be fine, the cars may not be. :eek:

I'm sure someone will video it, and I'll pop it on YouTube for all to watch.

Paul is in a win win situation, because if I blow the gearbox, rear end or drive shaft he gets more work coming his way. ;)

I'll be there, two big V8's blastin down the tack at over 125db, oh yeah!

How about a classic Blue Oval againt Bow Tie against a Hemi?? We got two Bow Tie's, is there a Blown Mustang out there who would like to 'Dominate' the track? Or perhaps an outside 'Challenger'??

Could be pretty loud for everyone else, we will be trying to get away from the noise, however people behind will suffer.

Anyone is free to come up and watch or even join in with the racing. We will announce a date nearer the time. I believe we are aiming for Feb.

Got my new stickier tyres which certainly feel better than the old ones. They don't spin up when approaching the rev limit in 3rd gear (manual) like the old ones did.

I'd go up against someone, but to be fair it would have to be against another truck! Any F-150's or Dodge's fancy it?

I'll put my little blue oval wagon (estate) against anyone

lol. I'm sure people would jump at the chance of racing against a cortina until they know what you have in it.

Superb!

Im liking all this racing banter lets sort out this date in Feb sounds like we need to settle a few grudges, Ron, mate you would be welcome to bring the Cortina along. It would be great for some of the Renegades to see how quick your Cortina is and a good chance to get some testing in before the season starts. I'll give someone a go in the Camaro last time out i only ran a 17 sec but perhaps i could use me nitrous next time.Superrrrrrrrb!.

Cheers Superb!

Superb!

Im liking all this racing banter lets sort out this date in Feb sounds like we need to settle a few grudges, Ron, mate you would be welcome to bring the Cortina along. It would be great for some of the Renegades to see how quick your Cortina is and a good chance to get some testing in before the season starts. I'll give someone a go in the Camaro last time out i only ran a 17 sec but perhaps i could use me nitrous next time.Superrrrrrrrb!.

Cheers Superb!

How about this then steve I'll race you and give you say an 8second head start and then see if I can catch you

Think you all might to read this again.......

DEFINITION OF ACCELERATION

One top fuel dragster 500 cubic inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows of stock cars at the Daytona 500.

It takes just 15/100ths of a second for all 6,000+ horsepower of an NHRA Top Fuel dragster engine to reach the rear wheels.

Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1-1/2 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to drive the dragster's supercharger.

With 3,000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-sol id form before ignition.

Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

At the stoichiometric (stoichiometry: methodology and technology by which quantities of reactants and products in chemical reactions are determined) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture of nitro methane, the flame front temperature measures 7,050 deg F.

Nitro methane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After halfway, the engine is dieseling from compression, plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1,400 deg F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

In order to exceed 300 mph in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4G's. In order to reach 200 mph (well before half-track), the launch acceleration approaches 8G's.

Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have completed reading this sentence.

Top fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light! Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

The redline is actually quite high at 9,500 rpm.

Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimate $1,000.00 per second.

The current top fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.428 seconds for the quarter mile (11/12/06, Tony Schumacher, at Pomona, CA). The top speed record is 336.15 mph as measured over the last 66' of the run (05/25/05 Tony Schumacher, at Hebron, OH).

Putting all of this into perspective:

You are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter "twin-turbo" powered Corvette Z06. Over a mile up the road, a top fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter mile strip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the 'Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and pass the dragster at an honest 200 mph. The "tree" goes green for both of you at that moment.

The dragster launches and starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums and within 3 seconds, the dragster catches and passes yo u. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where you just passed him.

Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mph and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1,320 foot long race course.

Hi Chris

That is an amazing set of stats and just puts into perspective how awsome those machines are, well done for finding that info, i love stuff like that.That means a big Renegades day out at the Pod to put those figures into perspective, ive seen a couple of 300 + moh runs from top fuellers now and still makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck. Superrrrrrrb!!

Cheers Superb!

Hmmmmm I wonder ........

WheelieDayVan.jpg

Could be a laugh!:scooter:

Back