Chevrolet impala 1960 bubble top re built For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

13078.uk

Up for sale my fantastic re built 1960 chevrolet impala<br />
2 door sport coupe bubble top (code 01837l185180) <br />
<br />
the car comes with a lot of history going back to 1990 with its first mot in this country and a file full of all it has gone through over the last 3 years including photos of the re build.<br />
<br />
around 4 years ago i found this 1960 impala that looked ok but a little tired,<br />
but could see that with a little tlc we could get her up together, so i bought the car , got her home then found it had an awful lot of issues with rust and filler.<br />
<br />
after a lot of conversations with bryan hunter of classic american restorations in churchstoke powys i had it transported to his garage for them to take a look at the bodywork, they sure are passionate about working on old vehicles and building cars.<br />
<br />
once sandblasted it had most of the rear wings missing, front, rear and boot floors missing, most of the boot lid missing and lots of other metalwork around the car in bad shape.<br />
<br />
the body was removed from the chassis and that was found to be in great shape, just needed cleaning and then sprayed gloss black.<br />
<br />
at this point there was no turning back so it had to be re built,<br />
new rear wings, all new floors, new boot lid, wiring loom, fuel tank,fuel lines, front disc brake conversion, new rear drums, shoes, slave cylinders, split brake booster, new brake lines, new chrome adjustable steering column, new steering wheel, all new gauges, new front windscreen, all new window rubbers, all new window winders, new roof lining, new carpet, new interior, re chromed bumpers, new front and rear springs, new front and rear shocks, new light switches, new headlights, headlight surrounds, new lenses, new wiper motor,new style radio i pod player that looks like original radio, the list goes on with lots of the small chrome and alloy parts.<br />
engine is a 350ci stripped checked and re built with new gaskets, with a 4 barrel edelbrock, re built power steering pump, overhauled ans serviced gear box, new rear driveshaft seals and bearings, new headers mated to hand made stainless exhaust with smithy mufflers and magnaflow tail pipes. <br />
she now sits on american racing wheels with new tyres, at the moment she has covered just over 700 miles, (may go up if its good weather) to keep some originality we kept some of the smaller chrome parts on the car from the 60"s. The car has an m.o.t although it doesn"t need one. Its a it"s a one off classic american car, can be driven anyware.<br />
<br />
asking price 55,000 or will consider serious offers.<br />
<br />
has an insurance valuation by an independant assessor if needed.<br />
<br />
more photos @themoneypit1960 on instagram<br />
<br />
<br />
any questions please e mail me, at [email protected] or call andy 07778808689 <br />
if no answer please leave a message.<br />
<br />
<br />
car is in dorset pick up only. Happy to assist with overseas bidders <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Date written: 25-Aug-2018

Price: <td><strong>£55000 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk