Car show.

John B

Premier Users
Hi Guys. Just spent my 75th birthday in Madeira. Saw a great parade of cars there on Sunday. Lots of lovely old Mercs , VWs and a really mint Facel Vega. Lots of Vespas and assorted motor cycles. Many of them new to me. Some old Beemers and a few mint M Gs.

Sounds like a nice holiday. Hope you both had a great time.

Got any pictures?

Madiera car show.

Got any pictures?

Friends we were with took loads of pictures which he was going to put on a memory stick and send to me. It seems he has deleted all the holiday pictures he had by mistake. He has taken his camera to an expert friend to see if they can be recovered. I hope it happens.

oh no, hopefully it can be recovered, that's sad to hear that the digital memories may have been lost. If only we could download from out minds, maybe one day that will come.

Did you have a good time out there? Will you go back there again?

Yes we had a great time Dan. Yes we would go back in spite of difficulties landing at Funchal airport. On the day we went we and close to 20 other planes could not land due to crosswinds. We were diverted to Porto Santos and after a 6 hour wait we were taken to Madeira by ferry and we arrived at the hotel at 10.30 pm, around 10 hours late. In spite of that we had a great time. It is a very laid back place but 7-8 days at a time is long enough. The trips around the island are a must, east, west and central all good and numerous boat trips out to see the Dolphins also worth doing. We went on an all in package which was ideal, drinks and food included and free shuttle coach down to the seafront and return. Hotel good, it was one of the Pastana hotels group. We went with Robert Urquhart travel who are based in Scotland . We have done a few trips with them and the next one to Prague also with them. Well organised company with the personal touch and competitive on price. Always worth a look.

Back