Broadband Speed Test Results

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Well I'm going to be working from home tomorrow, so occasionally I check my broadband speed to see how whizzy it is.

SpeedTest02102018.jpg
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/eb7a5e3c-8d39-4fa5-b6d1-3fff464dfda5

I get under 20mb/s at work, so I'm almost 20 times faster at home. so I think my skype calls will be good tomorrow.

It makes your mind boggle that internet companies advertise you are getting fibre internet, yet its going down some old Victorian copper pairs of wires made for phone lines, i guess they may have a bit of fibre in their server room and that counts a fibre internet. I guess I may have fibre to the green cabinet next to the house, but its coaxial cable from there.

Great to see other people results.
I don't need the speed I have, but saw the numbers and thought that looks nice, and just like having more power in the V8 than I can use, its the same for internet too. I was on 100mb/s, then upgraded to 200mb/s, that was the fastest offered at the time, then they freely upgraded me to 300, and that package has now changed to 350mb/s, but looks like I'm getting more than they said.

We Downgraded ours. Since we gave up gaming we just don’t need it and would rather get the discount or put the difference into movie channels or something.

Came to the end of my 18months discounted rate, so renewed it with less cost, more tv channels and faster internet, Bonus! :)

1613639855142.png

The house/garage are all on gigabit ethernet. There is multiple points of Wifi for our mobile devices. I always prefer cable network connectio where possible. The shed is on Wifi, and works well.

Occasionally I download some large files, like updates for the Playstation, it takes a matter of mins, where one of my freindd is on the fastest he can get takes over night to download updates. Its nice to have, I dont continiously download, as it didn't cost any more, then I went for it. This is the 500mbps package, I seem to get 10% more than I should., Also when 600mbps is available they automatically upgrade me for no extra charge.

This is handy for my crypto mining too. It dosn't use must bandwidth at all, its the ping rate that is useful for that.

It's interesting that you should mention wired network connections. A few weeks ago we noticed that Now TV was freezing occasionally when Jack was downloading Xbox games. As his Xbox is in the same room as the router, I connected up a network cable instead of him using the WiFi. No more issues with Now TV and his games download much faster 👍

Having some internet issues at present. I'm happy with the download, but the upload is 0.030mbps, this is almost back to the dial up days.
I may be able to get pages fast, but requesting them is taking time. This upload speed should be aronund 100mbps. Ping is usually 16ms or lower(lower is better for that one, its the time it takes for a responce to come back)
1703148970338.png

Tried the online fault detection, and it says there is a problem, and click a button for online chat or call them on the number provided. Their online chat button dosn't work, so looks like it may be a call.

Back