Brexit

There was a mention the deal is that we pay the EU £39billion per year. What I dont understand is why do we pay them anything, especially that enormous huge amount. That sum could help with many things like the NHS.

It’s not per year is it? I thought that was the total debt we owe?
The debt is owed due to an agreed budget that runs from 2014-2020

It’s not per year is it? I thought that was the total debt we owe?
The debt is owed due to an agreed budget that runs from 2014-2020
You could be right. The way the media came across could be misleading as the BBC are quite biased.

Why won't Jeremy Corbyn say what side of the Brexit fence he's on?!

In a way I don't think it matters, he has said Labour would hold another referendum based on the current deal if they get in, which is fair enough. I think he won't declare his intentions as he doesn't want to alienate the millions of Labour voters that voted for Brexit. As a lifelong whinging leftie, I'm not sure I can see him getting in, and he is so dispassionate when he speaks I'm not sure he knows himself.

In a way I don't think it matters, he has said Labour would hold another referendum based on the current deal if they get in, which is fair enough.
52% of the population voted out. The referendum was in or out. Not out with a deal and not in with a deal. Corbyn won’t even uphold democracy and now wants another referendum removing the option he doesn’t want.
I want to live in a democratic country and not some communist state.
Corbyn in? Count me out. I’ll emigrate before I contribute to his idealism.

52% of the population voted out. The referendum was in or out. Not out with a deal and not in with a deal. Corbyn won’t even uphold democracy and now wants another referendum removing the option he doesn’t want.
I want to live in a democratic country and not some communist state.
Corbyn in? Count me out. I’ll emigrate before I contribute to his idealism.

I think there was a lot of misleading going on. I don't think we will get the Brexit we voted for, me included, as I voted out. Would I now? Probably not, there's too much uncertainty about how it will end up panning out. I don't trust any of them to be honest.

3 years to action the peoples vote, that still hasn't happened. Parliament are not doing the job. Is it time to sack them all and get a new set. do they all have shares/pensions in E.U.? is that why they are reluctant to exit?

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Corbyn and whilst I agree that it probably doesn't matter politically what his personal preference is on Brexit, as a Brexiteer myself, I have always thought we should have a PM that passionately wants the same and will fight for the freedom from the EU that most of us voted for. I wouldn't mind betting most Brexiteers agree. On that basis, despite Labour wanting a second reforendum, I would prefer to know what Corbyn thinks and what outcome he would prefer. But he's playing it safe by staying on the fence. That makes me uneasy.

I voted out for reasons of sovereignty and nothing to do with NHS money or any other reason. When politicians make decisions about my country and my life I want them to have at least been voted in by residents of this country and not some European bureaucrat making decisions that benefit other countries first.
Corbyn won’t give me that instead preferring to maintain the controlling influence from Europe and keeping us under the control of the trade agreements that are unfair. And Swinson is similar.
Unfortunately as a Tory town the Brexit party have no politicians standing here.
My vote this year is no vote in protest.

I agree, the point of our sovereignty was one reason why I voted leave. Another is what I fear the unregulated free movement of people is doing to us. I'm amazed that few seem to be making the connection between issues like overrun hospitals, a lack of housing, limited school places and an unnatural population growth! Under the control of the EU we have been powerless to do anything. And lets not get into how much we pay the EU. No wonder they are being so obstructive over Brexit. If there was a second referendum, I would still vote leave, no question.
I simply have to vote in this election in case my not voting might contribute to any possibility of a remain situation.

Last edited:
Jeremy Corbyn was being questioned by Andrew Neil on BBC1 earlier this evening. Anyone see it?
He still wouldn't budge on his position on Brexit and seemed quite uncomfortable on several occasions. I'll be open and say that I have voted Labour many times before and I like Jeremy, but I agree with Stephen CA, he lacks something. I just can't see him as PM material bless him.
I mean, he's not the reason I'm not voting labour this time. In fact, think because of Brexit we'll see a massive change to how the country normally votes.

Last edited:
Too soon?!?

image.jpeg

Back