Beach Dubbin 5th aug 2018

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A car show on Southsea common, mainly VW's but there is a section for American.

We have had 34 cars pre-enter, so its going to be a good turnout. I was sure I posted this on the forum. I know its in the calendar. Been rounding people up at club nights and brain numbing facetube. £5 to enter.

Weather is looking great. Meeting on Portsdown hill to leave there at 8:15am to cruise down to Southsea.

You still doing Bandit Run Dan - isn’t this same weekend?

You still doing Bandit Run Dan - isn’t this same weekend?
Unfortunately not anymore. I was all booked in and hotel booked for tonight. Was going to meet up with Steve Pontiac with the Black WS6 in Guildford, he also knows Paul Drew. The trouble I had was mums careers, there was no one to stand in for me, so need to be there at mums for 3pm tomorrow. sometimes it happens like that Perhaps next year... My plan was to go up this afternoon and come back late Saturday ready for beach dubbin on Sunday.

Ah that is a shame but yes you do have to make these choices :)

Was that standard equipment issue from ford a peice of wood to hold bonnet up lol...

Nice day for it too :)

38496535_1737732266335863_9205264020943142912_n.jpg
Great Aerial photo. That's not sand, that is dried grass.

Blooming eck - it’s the same colour lol

Email from the Beach Dubbin Organisers.

So it's been just over two weeks since BeachDubbin we have had our own team meeting since the event but are now waiting on our follow up meeting with the Council. Once this has happened and we have feedback from them we will update everyone about the possibility of BeachDubbin 2!
On behalf of the BeachDubbin team can I thank you and all your club members for supporting the event and particularly our request for arriving at staggered entry times as that certainly helped get everyone in off the road quickly.
As you know the show is run as a totally Not for Profit event. Our main charity donations this year will be to Pompey in the Community and Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance. We are just working out the final amounts but the total donations are expected to be in the region of £5500 split between the above and also a few smaller donations again to Non Government backed local charities. This does also take into consideration holding funds to put on the show for next year.
So thanks again to all of you for coming along as without you and your members it would not have been the show it was.
If you haven't done so already like our facebook page Beach Dubbin’ - Home | Faceboo as we will keep putting any updates on there.
Enjoy the rest of the show season and hopefully see you all at the show next year.
From the BeachDubbin Team x

Back