Banners / Marquee

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Well I'm putting together the artwork for a banners, and going to get something together for a marquee too.

So far its going well, but the only copy of the log I have is 4000 pixels wide, which is fine for printing up to A3, but will become a bit pixelated going bigger, we may not need to go bigger. I originally drew the logo as a vector format (traced from an artist who originally drew it back in 1999ish) I am usually very good with files, the jpeg's and gifs of the logo are all on my hard drive, but cannot find the Corel draw drawing of it. I have transferred the files from many hard drives over the year. i have the hard drive and brought a USB reader for them drives, but cannot find that file :( So I'm in the process or redrawing it in vector format from the exiting image I have. So that's what I'm working on this evening. :)

Want to get the banner and marquee ready for our show in October.

hi mate what bout Darren with nova can he help sure hes made some banners for us before

Yeah good point, I know he moved offices, but not sure if he is in the same line of work. I'll find out. I have prices from places online.

Completed redrawing the logo last night, should have done that to beginning with, only took a few hours, where finding hard drives and extracting info took a little bit longer. got there in the end, laid out the banner on a white back ground, looks quite good, but then I'm biased. I have a template for a marquee, so will play with a few ideas on that one. Will try a white background and a blue background, white may get dirty easy, anyway, will see what I can get done before tomorrow night.

Dan, what about Mike Oakley?? He's really whizzing at drawing things on computers :)

Well I'm almost there with the banners. I had to redraw the logo so it was back in a vector format so it can be scaled to any size without pixelating.
Submitted the entire sail banner to them in 300dpi, however my export program only lets me to 300dpi up to 2.45meter high(approx 30,000pixels) seems to be the limit. So having to export it in a vector format however some features wont export in that format. Anyway. I'm getting there, its just what I have been working on today. I have quotes for a pair of these banners that will be 3.5 meters tall. perfect for the entrance at Beaulieu.
So this is what it looks like.
Renegades-Sail-Banner-600px.jpg

I agree - looks really good.

Cool theyre good

Gazebo's looking good too. Logo at the top on all 4 sides. On the edge around the top is www.solent-renegades.co.uk. also there is a back panel with a huge solent-renegades logo. Like almost 3 meters wide, with be the first time I've seen it that big.
marquee-proof.jpg

That will be awesome

3x3 meters, should be great for the raffle area at out show. Next year we can buy another one. Easy to wash, not a bad weight to it, strong. Its one of them ones that's once piece, just pull out the 4 legs from the middle and it pops up :) Looking forward to seeing the finished product. That with the two banners uses up our reward from Beaulieu, but these items will certainly make the club look awesome :)

2 x Banners and 1 x Marquee have been ordered. Popped in on the CCard.
Banner Artwork is ready to go.
The Marquee artwork: Sending another proof before going to print.

Sounds good ;)

Yep, really looking forward to how they come out.

Certainly will give us good presence as a club at our shows.

Just had a call from the marquee people and they are shipping today.

Last edited:
IMAG1341.jpg
Its here, The Marquee that is. Tall box and the two smaller boxes at the bottom. May have to try this out some time over the weekend to see what it looks like, perhaps at Abbotts Ann.

Awesome, got the bits erected earlier. Quick and simple. Looks amazing. Massive logo at the back. Really impressed with how the bits came out.
d5c8085d92ac8006d6d292f3c9613b50.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

IMAG1361.jpg
The structure for the marque, needly fits in a box. Also comes with a nice easy carry back.

IMAG1362.jpg
Look at the size of these tent pegs. wouldn't have trouble with these bending when knocking them into the ground. We also have sand bags to wrap around the legs, just need to add sand and they are good to go.

IMAG1363.jpg
The stand for the base of the flag, looks well made. Also the centre pivot shaft rotates, feels like it has bearings inside, which give me further confidence of quality.

IMAG1367.jpg
The set-up felt massive in the garden, so got a picture of me in it so make it easier to gauge how big this is.

Back