Autogas conversion

Dr_Insanity

Hi Guys,

Spoke to Jennie and Alan, at the boxing day show in Romsey, about getting my Astro converted to gas. They recommended a place near Havant for this, but I was hoping to find somewhere a little closer to home and I've approached a few companies for prices.
The one big question I keep getting asked is what sort of Fuel injection system do I have, Throttlebody or Multipoint.

I am assuming Throttlebody is synonymous with Single point injection, and I know that Multipoint is better.

A quick wiki search shows that my '93 Astro could have one of two Chevy v6 engines, as it falls on the border between models:
LB4 - Definately throttlebody
L35 CPI - Central Point Injection; which seems to be some sort of single/multipoint injection hybrid.

My Questions are these - Where do I look and how can I tell what sort of injection system I have, and if it is the L35 engine (I do hope it is, 40 extra bhp) what do I tell the guys at the conversion places?

Thanks in advance

Matt

I'm not totally clued up on Astro engines. I guess you must be able to follow where the fuel injectors go to. You would see a fuel rail either side of the intake manifold and under that 6 fuel injectors each with a pair of wires going to it. That would be multiport fuel injection.
If your fuel rail/pipe only goes to the throttle body then it must be single point.
Feel free to take a photo of your engine and pop it on here, see if we can tell what it is. Only the top part of the engine photo will be required.

We talked about lpg'ing my Astro when I had it but not sure what system would have been needed - I'm sure the answer will be coming this way shortly :)

There you go ....... :)

Back