Are 3rd Gen F-Body Camaros & Firebirds About to Soar In Value?

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I thought the early ones had been appreciating for a while, especially unmolested/unrestored ones. The later ones will come into vogue as they came with improved suspension and brakes and the engines were once again beginning to grow balls after the low compression and emission controls imposed during the mid 70’s and the GM designers learnt how to build horsepower with those restrictions in place.

Crikey! Definitely not selling mine then! lol. 3rd Gen's were produced between 82 and 92 of course. Mine is an 82 SE, but the interior and wheels are from a Firebird GTA. It had Snowflake alloys fitted when I bought it (which were never standard on the 3rd Gen) and I had to change the interior because the previous owner had kindly sprayed everything inside with black aerosol paint! All of the plastic was disintegrating! The original seats were also pretty knackered too
But it still has the original 305 V8 and 4 speed manual box. And because it's not a TA, it has a flat bonnet. I never really liked that bulge which was set to one side of the bonnet on the 3rd Gen TA model. But as I mentioned on a previous thread, I reckon all Pontiac's will appreciate quite well.

Back