Another tyre question

Hello everyone,
I think I may need to change one of the tyres on my Formula since it keeps losing air and has dry rotted a bit, the problem is that the size is 245/50/16 and I cannot find them anywhere online. Has anyone else got this size of tyre which is standard fit on 93-97 f-bodies and knows where to find them?
Many thanks
Paul and Mel

American Thunder was the guy for working out tyre sizes. He calculated exactly what sizes of tyres I would need for the Camaro when I swapped the stock 16s for 18s to keep the ride height the same. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from him and his wife for ages. I hope they're OK.

£242!!!!!! ouch my dicky ticker!
I think Dan's suggestion needs looking into, since I looked into changing the fronts to a 225 tyre since it has a negligible difference in rolling radius gut would look a bit anemic.
Thanks guys

Mine are ment to be 275/40's all round, but had trouble getting 275's at the time i needed front tyres so stuck on 245's with the same profile of 45. Hardly any visual different in height between the front and the back.

The profile is a percentage of the width. so a 245/50 would be 122.5mm high. 245/45 would be 110.25. So around 2cm difference. I beleive. The bonus is that they are under £100 from Black circles.

Try Northants tyres in aldershot area

All the tyres I can find are expensive since if I change the sizing I'd have to get two.
On the Tirendo web site they do a Nankang 245/45/R16 for about £64 but they're only summer tyres but it would get me through an MOT and it wouldn't be driven through the winter anyway, so do you think that's an idea?

All the tyres I can find are expensive since if I change the sizing I'd have to get two.
On the Tirendo web site they do a Nankang 245/45/R16 for about £64 but they're only summer tyres but it would get me through an MOT and it wouldn't be driven through the winter anyway, so do you think that's an idea?
I have Nankangs all round on mine. The name sounds naff and cheap. I have used Avon ZZ1s, Falkens, Kuhmo and many more. Beleive it or not the Nankangs hold the road better than all of my previous ones, really given it some jip in the wet on a roundable wanting to kick the back end out, but had to try far harder than the other tyres. They may be summer tyres, but you will be surprised with how good they are. Mine were £98 for 275/40/17's. Also they are a good speed rating too.

Any good tyre place will have more contacts than we have so try asking say ats. National or kwik fit not worth paying for tyres then take of again unless you plan of driving to get moneys worth???

Found some for you lol you better sit down (out of stock but give you an idea) lol 😁😁😁
Screenshot_20210514_205842_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back