American Speedfest At Brands Hatch 2016

We will be meeting at Morrisons in Horndean in case anyone wanted to join us there.
Then going up to the Clacket Lane Services on the M25. Google Map
Will post meeting times, it will be early like last year. It worked well. Free free to join us. :p

I will probably meet up with you at Clacket Lane same as last year as it a shorter run for me.

Just seen them advertising on facebook. They posted a photo.
FB_IMG_1460991245437.jpg
You can spot Darren's Saleen on the right, I'm in front, Dave in his 4th gen Camaro is behind.
Awesome stuff.

Good find thanks for posting

Car ticket has arrived.
IMAG2226.jpg
Now I just need to find the ticket I brought for Sarah that we put in that safe place.

An early start. Leaving Morrisons Horndean at 6am to cruise up to clacket Lane services on M25 for 7:15am and Breakfast at McDonalds to then go for the short drive to Brands Hatch.

Got mine on Saturday we're leaving about 5:30am and will meet you at the clacket Lane services. Has anyone else expressed an interest?

Got mine on Saturday we're leaving about 5:30am and will meet you at the clacket Lane services. Has anyone else expressed an interest?
Brilliant. We will see you there. I think it's just us two.

Sorry chap's can't make it this year mybe next year when more settled in, have a good time loads of pictures and remember the burn outs on the track at the end of the day :thumb:

Found the ticket for Sarah. So all good now, can get me / car and Sarah in. Looking forward to it.
See you lot that are going bright and early. :)

Yeah, I'm sure we will bump into each other.

Nascars on the track.
IMAG2599.jpg

Good show of cars here. A few 4th gen birds here. More than last year I'm sure.

I believe POC had a club stand there today

They may have done, saw a few Pontiac's lines up, but no flag, so I think that was just a case of Pontiac's parking together as they were separate at the start of the day.

Well just got back from speed fest at 22:40. what a day. Sun was shining after 3pm ish. got to go around the track too, Sarah took some great photos. I may have a video of the track, will check in a bit.
Popped in to our friends house with the '67 Pontiac Bonneville on the way home near Guildford. After then we hit the A3, was making some good ground until the tunnel was closed. Probably only 20 cars in front of us, so not long closed. nothing moving, barriers down. Police whizzed up the centre. 20mins later the barriers lifted, no sign of an accident or the police car. Perhaps a broken down vehicle the got moving? no sign of it the other end. anyway we are home safe.

Just resized some photos, ready to upload. Will i do them tonight? its getting late on a work night....

Just putting together the video of the 2 parade laps, with 2 burnouts :biggrin1: Should have it uploaded by the end of the afternoon. Its probably going to take another 15mins to render out. Its estimated side is 800mB, so not sure if I can upload that in 2 hours from works internet connection may have to wait till I get home here it's 10x faster.
Anyway the video will be up today I'm sure.

Back