A new vehicle has been created in the garage!

You havn't gone and done it again have you SIGNED on the dotted line ? You crazy fool you :eek:hwell::becky::becky:

Nice car by the way

You havn't gone and done it again have you SIGNED on the dotted line ? You crazy fool you :eek:hwell::becky::becky:

Nice car by the way

nnnnoooooo it was a wedding i did for big ernie in portsmouth, i had to re enter my pics as they had all disappeared for some reason, hope you ok mate,,,

Hi mate. I am new to this forum, ive come on here to gather some info on the value of my a car my brother is looking to buy. I caught a quick glimps at some of your posts and thought you'd be the man to ask. All i know is she a 1958 pontiac startchief, in cream and turquois/mint green. I beleive that she is in fairly good condition, been dry stored for over 4 years. The engine runs sweet but possibly had a change at some point as (i think from what i have been told) the steering box or something catches on the sump. Theres obviously slight bodywork to be done, but i wouldnt think its would cost more that ?1000-?1200. We have been looking for something like this for a while, she is a real good barn find. Look forward to your reply. Thanks, Scott.

Hi scott well a 58 starchief would be the catalina which is the concave back wings and double headlight? well they are a good car and there are a few about at least, maybe the steering hits the sump as the steering box has a tendancy to brake off the mounts so could just be loose, not sure on how much it would be worth as they vary a lot and also depends how much some one is willing to give, but i would say as a barn find prob upto about 2k, if the engine has been changed chances are it not a pontiac engine as all v8 pontiac engines are the same size externally, its only the internals that differ, unless they have put a racing sump on which is bigger at the bottom, the body work is not realy an issue as the metal is realy thick, the only bad places are the front foot wells base of door pillar and around the bottom part of the front and rear windows, poss rocker panels if been sitting about, if you need any more info or some one to check it out let me know be willing to help if needed, the value when finished on the road could be upto 15 to 18k

pete,

Last edited:
Well going of what you tell me, im thinking its not had an engine chage now you have told me about the mountings coming loose. Yes, thankyou. If u need any info i will contact you. Cheers mate.

Back