A few funny photos.

It has one of them electronic hand brakes that I don't trust yet, so leaving it in gear.
View attachment 159196
My bosses Merc has a little button on the end of one of the stalks by the steering wheel... that's the handbrake! That just seems wrong to me somehow.
Hopefully there is some system to stop you pressing it accidentally while cornering at speed thinking it was the windscreen washer...then finding yourself spinning off the road backwards!! lol

The Ioniq has electronic hand brake. Works fine but handbrake turns are a let down!!:D
I've not tried that one. Perhaps one for today :) . I find I have to look at the dash to think it's been applied, prefer the positive feel of a real hand brake, I don't trust it, I guess trust is earned, so in time I'm sure I'll be fine with it. Also would be nice if there was a release button. I slowly pull away and there was a bang from the rear, not done it since I picked it up so perhaps it was sitting for some time.

Ah, OK, fair enough. I thought you meant you had tried when you said that handbrake turns are a letdown. I don't blame you, it's not something I would try either. I'd be scared it might break something lol.

The parking brake gets released the moment you put it in drive or reverse. Never tried when the vehicle is in motion. Not tried a car with a manual box either.

The parking brake gets released the moment you put it in drive or reverse. Never tried when the vehicle is in motion. Not tried a car with a manual box either.
Wow! You've seriously never driven a manual car? I suppose if you've mainly owned Yanks that makes sense really, most are probably auto aren't they?

Wow! You've seriously never driven a manual car? I suppose if you've mainly owned Yanks that makes sense really, most are probably auto aren't they?

Errr No. I was talking about electronic handbrakes! I have never driven a Manual car with an electronic handbrake!!
Most of my recent yanks have been 6 speeds.

Ahh OK, sorry mate, got ya!
I misunderstood "Not tried a car with a manual box either" I thought you were speaking generally lol

Last edited:
87476555_2728326730596563_4403155726889910272_o.jpg

88321345_2861979270507344_727500681790881792_o.jpg

Wouldn't hold a solderfing iron like that for too long.
IMAG1707.jpg

The guy on the right is probably an android judging by the tattoo on his head and therefore does not feel pain as we do.

It is an appallingly staged marketing picture lol. I don't mean to stereotype but they don't look much like any electronic engineers I've ever worked with either! :LOL:

Back