'72 Chevy Nova Newbie

portisgreg

Hi guys!

Newbie here.

just bought a 1972 Chevy Nova. After parts so if anyone has anything that'll fit let me kno - particularly interior

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Welcome.
Can’t help with parts, but tell us about the car and what your goals are.
With the exhaust routing and extended spring hangars, it’s either a 70’s survivor or seen some action on the drag strip?
Racer or trophy chaser for you?

Welcome great 1st post rockauto mostly or summit or swopmeats you have end of year swopmeat for this year. Wat other parts you after

Nice, thanks for posting, always great to see peoples cars on here.

Hi guys!

Newbie here.

just bought a 1972 Chevy Nova. After parts so if anyone has anything that'll fit let me kno - particularly interior

View attachment 94137

View attachment 94138

View attachment 94139

View attachment 94140

Thanks guys.

History is it's a flood damaged car from Houston TX and has been here about a month.

It's got a 350 engine which has come from a newer car (80's we think) but it runs sweet!

In terms of next steps I'm going to do a full assessment this weekend but immediate things are just to make it roadworthy
New windscreen
New wipers (not working)
Rear diff has been welded so i'll look at replacing that
Security - lets not even go there! :shocked:
drivers door needs aligning - feels like it's gonna drop off.
Interior - I think most of my efforts will be here. i'm going to keep it simple but comfortable. Put a roll cage in. comfortable seats (keeping the rears) Some carpet. Possibly a new dash.

Exterior - I'm going to keep the rat-rod look. I may change the colour to a matt black or grey though.

Cheers!

Greg

Nice project! Please keep us posted.

so any updates on the nova then ? Dont be shy

Back