3rd Gen at Silverlake

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Spotted at Silverlake by Jake Drew (Paul Drew's son)

Silverlake is a scrapyard is just down the road for most of us. This car looks in pretty good conditrion from the body panels we can see. I dont know any more details yet.
130280712_10224917894083062_8040750418017344849_n.jpg

Another photo from today.
FB_IMG_1607347662795.jpg

Blimey!! I can't believe they are scrapping that!! Maybe it's a high write off category and can't be used on the road again for some reason? ,🤔

Body work seems good, cant see any bubbling around the arches from the photos.
Are there any parts you need to get yours going Will?
Keeping spare doors, rear hatch, hood and wheels may take up a lot of room.

Do they have website? Mybe worth asking or mybe buy as complete if its not a write off of just as a parts car

It's too late, it's now a cube. Apparently according to an insider my son knows the car was impounded by the council for an unknown reason and was marked for destruction, so they couldn;t sell it as a whole and I don't think they have parted it either.:cry:

That's a shame parts would of saved other cars recycle good for environment but politics don't see that lol

It's too late, it's now a cube. Apparently according to an insider my son knows the car was impounded by the council for an unknown reason and was marked for destruction, so they couldn;t sell it as a whole and I don't think they have parted it either.:cry:
Thanks for the info. Shame to hear a nice car ends its life that way.

If its a local car wonder if facetube would help find out more??

If its a local car wonder if facetube would help find out more??
Facetube isn't useful, you would be wading through rubbish for weeks and still not get anywhere.

Lol try tell swmnbo lol

That's such a shame 😞. If it was impounded over money, they could have raised loads by selling or breaking it.

So sad - Looks a complete car too :(

Yes it did, it was a full replica. Jake has a video of a full walk around of it with it talking and showing the complete correct interior.

Then it’s a huge shame it was crushed. What the hell happened to piss off the local council to the point where they did that?

Just read that this car hasn’t been crushed but thankfully on it’s way back to it’s owner - wonder what the story of this was 🤷‍♀️

please tell us more

Wonder if it was left on the road untaxed. I guess cars get towed away somewhere, perhaps they end up at this place if it's local.
Good to hear it will live again.

Back