3 Trans-Am's on the Southsea Cruise today.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Great turn out on the cruise tonight, 38 vehicles.

Chatting to the guy with the 4th gen convertible. He is from Fareham and only owned it a few weeks.
IMG_20190721_185316.jpg

IMG_20190721_181514.jpg

IMG_20190721_184751.jpg

Last edited:
The 4th gen looks like a Firebird and not a T/A?

And if the shaker call-outs on the 2nd gen are to be believed it’s Mopar powered?

IMG_20190721_181502.jpg
Another of the 4th gen.

I first thought it was a Firebird too, it does have the LS1 in it and Trans-Am raised lettering on the door. The owner doesn't do Facebook so perhaps we will see him on the forum.

Last edited:
Looks as though that nose was used on the early LS1 Trans-Am’s as well as the Firebird?
I’ll have to dig through my books to be sure.
I have learnt something today!

Hi guys that black LS1 vert T/A is my old one, it's in the car gallery.The front of it is the non ram air hood with the T/A nose cone and is referred to as the sleek beak, but it is totally a genuine Trans Am.

Hi guys that black LS1 vert T/A is my old one, it's in the car gallery.The front of it is the non ram air hood with the T/A nose cone and is referred to as the sleek beak, but it is totally a genuine Trans Am.

Oh, didn't know that was your old one. He got it from Devon less than a month ago. It did look very clean, engine bay looked untouched, he was told by the previous owner it was 420ish hp

Oh, didn't know that was your old one. He got it from Devon less than a month ago. It did look very clean, engine bay looked untouched, he was told by the previous owner it was 420ish hp

That’s above LS6 power levels. Heads and cam, exhaust and tune will get an otherwise stock LS1 there.

That’s above LS6 power levels. Heads and cam, exhaust and tune will get an otherwise stock LS1 there.

Yeah I couldn't see anything different,so unless it was internal to the engine. The exhaust wasn't standard, possibly a cat back system. Intake manifold had coolant pipes under it, which usually reflects that its n LS1 intake, as the LS6 intake is deeper and no room for them pipes even though they are small. It has a different cruise control to mine, it has a cylinder on the left which pulls a cable, with that i was thinking it was a 2001, but then 2001 usually means LS6 intake. Perhaps Paul will have more info.
With no visible mods apart from exhaust, I think the previous owner was inflating the figure a bit. Sounded nice and looks nice. The new owner got it for a good price.

Did you check the boot for a 100 shot of nitrous?
Even easier way to get there although I’m sure you would have spotted the solenoids and plumbing!

It's a 2000, note it has the egr pipe to the intake which was removed in 2001 due to a different cam profile. Mods wise I think the original ad said cam and full exhaust and of course a lid. Otherwise I don't know as I left it stock.

Back