20th Spring Vehicle Meet & Autojumble

So what number is on yours? I have got 579. Not bad if that is how many exhibits there are!

i got 593 :clown:

Many people asked last night if we can just turn up on the day? Does anyone know if we can or is it only pre-bookings. Chris you are bound to know this for sure!!
Cheque book is becoming an issue!!!

When I went two years ago it was a spur of the moment thing and got in OK with out pre booking.

Cool think i may take a gamble and just turn up and if they don't let me in then i'll go somewhere else!!! Thanks Chris

Ok so looks like a few of us want to go to this on Monday so the plan is to meet at Rownhams services to leave at 8am prompt. Apparently we need to get there early so we can park together as it gets rather busy. The weather looks like it will be glorious again so don't forget the sun block!!! See you there :)

Well not a huge turnout but plenty of us to make a club stand with our fancy new sail banner. Met up with the Dorset Car Club too and as always a pleasure to see you guys. Loads of cars from all eras and countries but if i had a grumble with this show it is the lack of organisation in regards to parking. One minute we got told to park anywhere in a certain field then 1/2 an hour later we get told we are in someone else's spot. Happy to move though as we ended up in a nicer field with short cut grass. It was the golf course!!!! The other thing was there was so much dust everywhere that my feet were black. Going to take me a month to clean Lenny i think. Also too many boys stalls and not enough for us girls. However car booty would have been better had we gone over earlier. It was all packing up when we went over. Definately worth getting to this show early. We arrived at 9am and if any later you would have had to sit in a traffic jam for over an hour to get in. Didn't you Paul & Sue :(

it was a good day but some let downs haveing public cars park in the same field and next to the show cars

Ok yes thats right so another grumble. I think in the end we were just in the overfill car park and they were not expecting so many people to turn up. They should have known because of the weather!!

Back