2015 Shakespeare County Raceway Calender

sarah

Club Photographer
Shakespeare County Raceway have announced their calender dates for 2015!

They can be found at Long Marston Airfield, Stratford-Upon-Avon.

28th/29th March Season Opening Public Track Weekend - ET Bracket Gamblers.

18th/19th April Public Track Weekend - ET Bracket Gamblers.

2nd/4th May 9th Annual MSA/ACU APIRA Springspeed Nationals UK Drag Races.

23rd/25th May Public Track Weekend - Yanks Weekend & NASC Gary's Picnic - ET Bracket Gamblers.

5th/7th June Volkslife - VAG ET Bracket Gamblers.

19th/21st June 22nd Annual NSRA Nostalgia Nationals.

4th/5th July GTi International.

18th/19th July Public Track Weekend - ET Bracket Gamblers.

6th/9th August 28th Bulldog Bash.

29th/31st August 10th Annual MSA/ACU APIRA Open Sport Nationals UK Drag Races.

11th/13th September 27th Annual NSRA Hot Rod Drags.

26th/27th September Public Track Weekend - ET Bracket Gamblers.

10th/11th October Public Track Weekend - ET Bracket Gamblers.

24th/25th October Halloween Bonfire Burn Up Public Track Weekend . ET Bracket Gamblers.

For more information please visit their website Shakespeare County Raceway

Really???

I have never been to this drag strip, so maybe next year I ought to!

Last edited:
Unforunately its likely to be your last chance.
Its what happens when they build houses close to a racetrack, that are then bought by people who know the racetrack exists but then complain about noise!!!

I really don't get that......there should be some sort of clause in their contracts saying they can not complain about any noise from the track as they know it's there. People are so annoying.....I sure wouldn't complain living nice and close to a drag strip :D It would save a 3 hour car journey!

I agree Sarah, in fact I think its disgusting that people can get away with it.
Similarly, people who buy a house on a road that has a 40mph limit then campaign to get it reduced to 30mph. Why buy the house in the first place? grrrrr :mad:
Makes me so angry... :gun_bandana:

Reminds me of people complaining of noise when they live near Gatwick and Heathrow, the airport was they when they bought the place. I think we are in a moaning era, (mind you I guess I'm moaning about the moaners, lol)

I think you're well within your right......although we could say you are pointing out the 'wrong' with these moaners.....not moaning about them ;)

Bloody hell better a trip there next year then went many years ago,

I've never been there. It dosn't seem to be as commercial as Santa Pod, just a few sheds and a runway. Could be a good experience, and a similar distance to Santapod.

Well that's settled then.....we're going....now to chose which event? I'm guessing Yanks weekend? Even though it clashed with Main Event, but we have been to the last three?

Yanks weekend sounds good. Someone from shaky usually posts about the yanks weekend.

I always preferred Shakespeare to Santa pod for that reason - less commercial.
But drag racing really isn't my thing- but if you go then I think we might be tempted to come and watch!

Yanks weekend it is!!! Yaaaaay...............is it spring yet? ;)

We've done Yanks weekend - years ago ;). Think it was when the 97 Trans am went down the track ;)

Is it very far from Swindon? Perhaps we could go up there together. I probably won't race, just watch.

Its about 1 1/2 hours from us, but beautiful roads through the Cotswolds. Not the fastest way for you guys though. M3 -> A34 ->M40 -> M42 would be quicker - not as nice though!

Back