2014 Pontiac GTO

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
The Trans-Am depot take 5th Gen Camaros and pop on a body kit to make the car resemble how GM could have made it if they continued to make them.

This one if of the Pontiac GTO giving the a mustang a race.
[video=youtube;HfpY7atFEsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfpY7atFEsE[/video]

That is really nice looking from the front....not so much from the back, the lights look too low down?

PONTIAC do excist well almost there's a couple being resurrected in sussex :wave::wave:

But a SALEEN mustang wil beat a pontiac all day long :wave::wave::wave::wave:

The Trans-Am depot make some great cars. I was looking at one of their Trans-Ams last night!

Pontiac was killed for two reasons.
1 the useless female exec (name forgotten) who ignored Pontiacs history of performance cars that regularly challenged convention, and forced them to build cars like the Aztec.
2 Chevrolet didn't like the competition, GM wanted a single brand with a range of cars, not lots of brands with competing cars. Ie Firebird vs Camaro, Solstice vs Scion etc

With regard to the Saleen, it's a quick car and no doubt. But it's also a limited production number and a quick look through history will show that the Mustang has trailed in the Horsepower wars from 1974-2010. It took 8 years after the death of the f-body before Ford had anything that would compete with the generals offering. And whilst Ford may be ahead in the HP wars right now (vs the Camaro, they are still down against the Vette) it's only matter of time!
A couple of exceptions do exist, the Cobras for example, but these followed after the Firebird and Camaro were dead and even then the edge was minor, and given the old GM pushrod engine is cheap to modify whilst the Ford modular motor is still very expensive to modify it was quite easy for bolt on cars to match the Cobras.

All great cars, don't get me wrong and I love to see them at shows but if Ford led the way in terms of technology (the modular motors being multiple overhead cam vs GM's ohv setup) then GM have consistently led the way in terms of performance.
:burnout: