1995 Pontiac Firebird convertible

kapri

11 months MOT , 3.4 V6 and 4 speed auto , approx 57k miles . Grey leather interior , very usable and reliable , been to Cumbria and back and on a run returns 30, 20 around town but still does everything you expect of a V8 .

AVS rear light covers imported by myself from states . Under the covers are eurospec lights both in good nick as I replaced one that had crazed

First 10 years of it's life spent in Spain and only done something like 8000 miles since being over here and I've put half of those on in the last year.

Reason for selling ? I'm shagged so getting in and out is easier in my other stuff plus we have actually run out of parking space as this lives on the neighbours drive !

Please save my from trying the insanity that is E bay !

Come and look ,text me on oh 7977 three16552

£4500 ono.

EDIT, forgot to say it's in Waterlooville.

Attachments

• pff1.jpg
    pff1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,234
  • pfs1.jpg
    pfs1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,052
  • pfr1.jpg
    pfr1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:
Hi, Welcome to the website, and thanks for posting. Seen the car around. Looks and sounds great. Good luck with the sale. :)

Thanks Dan , not my usual style of car ( have a 65 Plymouth Fury and a 62 Econoline pick up amongst other stuff ) but it's been a blast .Just one of those itches I had to scratch while I could still get in and out of it ;)

Welcome might need to update thread heading for sale just a thought,

welcome to the crazy side pictures of other yank tanks would be good

Nice looking car, but it looks like a euro spec (oil pressure guage in kPA? And speedo primary scale reads kph?) so the euro spec mirrors should be body coloured. Or perhaps it's a US spec car been fitted with euro Mirrors?

Either way, good luck with sale.

Nice looking car, but it looks like a euro spec (oil pressure guage in kPA? And speedo primary scale reads kph?) so the euro spec mirrors should be body coloured. Or perhaps it's a US spec car been fitted with euro Mirrors?

Either way, good luck with sale.

All the pictures I've seen show the Yank mirrors ( 2 blade support ) as body colour and Eurospec as black ? From what I can make of the records it seems only 37 went for export this year anyway .

I prefer them in black and had they been body colour I'd have painted them black anyway, lines look wrong with a big blob of red stuck up above the beltline. Then again I've always been a customiser rather than restorer :)

Talking of which wheels are the wrong colours ...should be polished .

If I keep it I'll also be adding blake strakes to the hood, somebody should buy it before I ruin it anymore :)

Yup Euro spec thought the white sidelights and rear bumper with long plate cut out screamed that out anyway ?

Have to admit I find many car owners ( across all genres and marques ) seem to want the same car to be different ? LOL

So to confirm V6 Eurospec one of approx only 37 this year or you could ( try to ) buy one of the other 56723 made this year . 29379 were V6 and of that only 3348 were ragtops , and only 301 in this colour red .

Me? I bought it 'cos it looked nice and was fun to drive. :)

Last edited:
I do like the rear light covers. I had seen this on a Trans-am at Wheels Day this year, was was temped to get some for mine. I have a crack on one of my lights, so would be a good cover up until i fix it.

The mirrors should be body coloured, both US and Euro spec.
I thought the wheels were aftermarket, the Firebird should have had silver painted salad shooters, the chrome were Trans-Am only. And yes your right, I should have noticed the rear bumper.

Good luck with the sale.

I think the Euro spec has many options as standard , for instance it also has 4 wheel discs ? I know write ups of the time say it is a higher spec than domestic market models , handling package as standard as well .The reason for the different mirrors on Euro spec is to do with EU type approval as since SVA ( now BIVA ) was introduced mirrors have to fold back if in collision with a pedestrian.

I was in 2 minds about filling in the rear Pontiac recess rather than fill with EXPENSIVE chrome letters . Most people who don't know Yanks seem to think it's a Ferrari anyway ! LOL

Last edited:
They also Changed the rear axle ratio for emissions purposes on V8 models and the ECM has different programming too. I have also found reference to them changing the speedo readings via an electronics change in the guage cluster to change the VSS signal vs the correct ECM programming. Bit of a bodge really. I owned one for 10 years and swore if I owned another 4th gen it would be a US spec but that is because I heavily modified mine. If you leave them stock then No problem.

Is the phone number correct? Just sent a text and it bounced back.

Help! Is this priced about right or ? Is it the fact it's a V6 keeping it from selling or just the particaalr year model? Watching stuff on Ebay and mine seems cheap but have no real idea of market price only how much it cost me to buy.

If you have time, its probably worth holding at that price and see what happens.

Dave is right, convertibles sells for more. Also Pontiacs seems to fetch more than Chevys, even when pretty much like for like, same engine and year and options etc...

I wonder how much of Pontiacs holding their price has to do with Pontiac being dead for 9 years now?
Your other issue now is season. When the season ends price goes down. If you can hold until late March and into April the price will be higher.

Back