1988 iroc-z Camaro 350 TPI

Roco

Hi all at Solent Renegades its nice to be back with a great club after so long.
I have finally got another American car a 1988 Iroc-z Camaro 5.7 TPI with only 47.000 miles on the clock .
Its had endless gear boxes possibly due to the low mileage and been sitting a long time.I got it with the Transmission blown up cracked and re welded mess . Jon at American Autos in Hayes London re built it who put most of the internals in to another casing and made a really good job of it. Now its well run in with a 1000 miles. I have done a lot to it so far and its been a night mare. Done stuff like door rubbers ,weather strips, electrics ,switches and sensors, leads dizzy cap and rota plugs,lights etc and still goes on and now the dreaded valve stem seals.I am how ever looking for a 3rd or 4th Gen Camaro axle with 3.27 or 3.42 gears to wake it up, this one is not so hot its 2.77 so no G expected it will smoke but may as well role a ciggy while it gets there.It was a shame we didn't get to Beaulieu I had a NEW belt on that squeeeeled its head of so bad I couldn't drive it had to re order.We Hope to meet you all some time soon all the best Roy &
IMG_7464.jpg
Cheryl

welcome back nice looking car shame about the problems , shame about the car hope he;s got puss in boots lol

Hi Roco. Welcome back. Nice car and good to see another 3rd Gen owner on here (y)
I have an 82 Firebird 305 V8 which has been off the road for tooo long. Spookily enough though, I did the valve stem seals today!
Hope to see you at some events soon.

Nice car :) :)

Welcome back, nice 3rd gen. I do like the 3rd gens.

Back